Fox Fork repair - who? recommendations?

Feb. 23, 2009, 2:23 p.m.

Where in Vancouver, is there a decent, fast turn-around shop
that can repair Fox forks i.e.) Vanilla 140 RLC
The Lock-out no workie…..

Does the fork have to be sent back to manufacturer or are there
'certified' Fox forks mechanics around??

The joy of riding that thin strip of dirt, never grows old. :beer: + :woot:

Feb. 23, 2009, 2:39 p.m.

www.suspensionwerx.com

Feb. 23, 2009, 2:46 p.m.

James at Suspensionwerx

Send him an email [email protected]
Posted via Mobile Device

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Feb. 23, 2009, 3 p.m.

James is absolutely the best guy for the job.

Feb. 23, 2009, 4:14 p.m.

www.suspensionwerx.com

Is there really anywhere else? He's top notch and fast, if not busy; but this is a busy time of year so good luck.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Feb. 23, 2009, 4:27 p.m.

James did me right with my totem. +rep for James!

Feb. 23, 2009, 4:34 p.m.

Is there really anywhere else? He's top notch and fast, if not busy; but this is a busy time of year so good luck.

I just had a fork and shock done in 2 days. He's busy but still pumps them out quick

Oh, and he's the fricken man

Feb. 23, 2009, 8:25 p.m.

Another two thumbs up for James. He's the man. I can't believe what he did to my Wildcard. Absolutely amazing.

Feb. 23, 2009, 10:40 p.m.

Gonna jump on the bandwagon…james is the man!

Feb. 23, 2009, 10:47 p.m.

i'm having james' baby. its really gonna hurt…

Feb. 24, 2009, 8:46 a.m.

As others have said, James is indeed good and I believe 'certified' but he can get busy.

Another option is Craig at Different Bikes North Van.

Feb. 24, 2009, 10:44 a.m.

I would sent it to JAMES or OGC or if you are in Squamish give it to Pete (ask any of the shops in town how to get in touch with the man) Super fast turnaround and he used to work for Fox I believe .

Better yet, make yourself a "clamp" kit and learn how to do it yourself, it aint rocket science you know.

You can find all the info you'll ever need to rebuild any Fox product on their website.Depending on what year your fork or shock is , it may require more tools and maybe a bit tricky (Talas are a pain in the arse! ) but still, its fun and CHEAP.

Feb. 24, 2009, 10:59 a.m.

Alright I gotta do the black sheep and NOT recommend James.I personally have had bad experiences with the guy.He maybe very good at working on suspension BUT he doenst have very good customer services skills.

Plus,pretending no one knows what's going on inside a shock and bullshitting the customers isnt the proper way to run a business IMO.

Anyway I dont mean to be an ass[HTML_REMOVED]*^[HTML_REMOVED]#37; lets just say Im not a fan.

I would sent it to OGC or if you are in Squamish give it to Pete( ask any of the shops in town how to get in touch with the man) Super fast turnaround and he used to work for Fox I believe .

Better yet, make yourself a "clamp" kit and learn how to do it yourself, it aint rocket science you know.

You can find all the info you'll ever need to rebuild any Fox product on their website.Depending on what year your fork or shock is , it could require more tools and maybe a bit tricky (Talas are a pain in the arse! ) but still, its fun and CHEAP.

Hey Tuumbaq
This Is James.Sorry to hear you are unhappy with my customer service skills ! I can't please everyone unfortunately.
I am going to have to call you out on your comment about me bullshitting my customers .I hate to tell you this is something I don't do I would really like to hear this story and about all of the other bad experiences you have had with me.

Thanks everyone else for the props

James
Suspensionwerx

[email protected]

Feb. 24, 2009, 12:07 p.m.

Im an idiot and should have kept all this stuff for myself.Most of the stuff I said happened to friends of mine and should'nt be using this to make my own opinion.

I was surprise to see James himself sending me an email for explanation which proves to me he's a lot better than I first thought as far as customer service goes.

I had a bad experience with a second hand bike I sold to this kid which up until today I believed for what he was saying based on my own opinion about James but now Ill 'take James word on that one rather than a kid I barely know.

Anyhow my apologies to James, I didnt mean to hurt his business.He proved himself to be very good at what he does and I actually think there is not enough people like him, tuning and fixing suspension in an sport where most people are ignorant ( suspension wise ) and I dont mean to say I know a lot more , maybe just a bit more than the average Joe.

Feb. 24, 2009, 1:01 p.m.

Im an idiot and should have kept all this stuff for myself.Most of the stuff I said happened to friends of mine and should'nt be using this to make my own opinion.

I was surprise to see James himself sending me an email for explanation which proves to me he's a lot better than I first thought as far as customer service goes.

I had a bad experience with a second hand bike I sold to this kid which up until today I believed for what he was saying based on my own opinion about James but now Ill 'take James word on that one rather than a kid I barely know.

Anyhow my apologies to James, I didnt mean to hurt his business.He proved himself to be very good at what he does and I actually think there is not enough people like him, tuning and fixing suspension in an sport where most people are ignorant ( suspension wise ) and I dont mean to say I know a lot more , maybe just a bit more than the average Joe.

Thanks !

I am glad we could chat as I hate to have people unhappy with me or my service.
I take my work/business very personally and try to do the best I can for people.If anyone out there is unhappy please call or email me as I would really like to hear from you and have the chance to make things right !

Regards,

James Downing
[email protected]
604 329 5086

[email protected]