Fox 32 progression tuning

April 6, 2014, 6:35 a.m.

Hey folks,

I recently picked up my new bike a `014 StumpJumper HT EVO that came with a Fox 32 Float CTD. After a few rides I've come to the conclusion that I don't care for the stock tune on the fork. Alas it's an evolution fork so I that seriously limits the options short of dumping a new Fit cart in.

My main beef right now is the that the fork bottoms out rather harshly. So, I'm looking to ad some progression to the fork. In the past on other forks and shocks I've added a bit of extra oil to the air spring to reduce the volume and had reasonable results. Is this my best bet here or are they some volume adjust spacers I can get for this fork? I sees Push makes ones for the 34 but I've not found any for a 32 yet.

Any tips would be appreciated.

April 7, 2014, 12:59 p.m.

I´d guess that some thick oil or even grease should do the trick.
Volume spacers really don´t do anything different, at least if you don´t put the grease on moving parts or orifices which need to be free.

Just let the air out of the fork, remove the air top cap and add some oil.
Or do the cheapo way and squeeze it through the valve… :)

April 7, 2014, 3:11 p.m.

I know Fox and Suspensionwerx recommend adding packets of Float Fluid as necessary. Not sure what the limit on how many you can use. 1-3 should be safe.

April 21, 2014, 12:05 a.m.

Adding 5ml at a time of Float fluid is the easiest way to tune the progression. Keep track of how much you've put in there though, as each time you service it you'll have to refill it.

VorsprungSuspension.com
facebook.com/VorsprungSuspension
TLA Compression System - Fox 34 CTD Upgrade Kits