For those that may not know... Maestro

June 26, 2005, 7:05 p.m.

http://www.giant-bicycle.com/ewebeditpro4/upload/maestro_animation.wmv

The rider, Manuael Bustelo, took the 4" Trance for quite a run 8)

Des

During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner'.
- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

June 26, 2005, 11:10 p.m.

IF its what they say its cracked up to be, I'd def get the 06 Giant DH

Hoots Gear/Dizzy Cycles/Kenda USA/eNVy

Bonz Lever for __sale__ for Hayes & Hayes 8" adapter for Boxxer

June 27, 2005, 1:04 a.m.

I couldn't make sense of the diagrams in the video; they do little to prove the claims that they make. In the "No Brake Influence" section of the video, I like how the rider locks up the rear tire and gets swirly. Combined with the test riders sans helmet, this video is one great sales pitch.

June 27, 2005, 1:26 a.m.

They do pedal really, really well. Easily the best pedaling full suspension bike I've tried.

I doubt you could fit a coil shock into the Trance or Reign.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 27, 2005, 1:53 p.m.

looks awsome. i dont know if its all true but it looks true

June 27, 2005, 6:25 p.m.

I tried a Faith in a parking lot.

It pedaled very very well from the back (felt smooth and active on the ground like my Bighit), but the platform stability amplified my bad technique and the fork just WALLOWED up and down like mad makeing me feel slow and inefficient during sprint tests up hill and on a level surface.---maybe just a set up issue.

They are heavy.

They seem to be built of very good quality.

The prices at BSP for them are incredibly cheap for the spec.

Interupted seat posts aren't for everyone.

I'm thinking about trying it out. The geometry is pretty good for Free ride and it seems a lot like the new Iron Horses (DW design) and they are doing well.

-my 2cents(if that)

June 27, 2005, 8:29 p.m.

http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view[HTML_REMOVED]image=524257
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view[HTML_REMOVED]image=512654

next years giant dh bike is going to be amazing.

June 27, 2005, 8:35 p.m.

I find it a bit ironic how in those pics of the team dh that the pedal and crank are constantly blocking the lower shock mounting area. Hard to see whats goin on there.

i snapped two of them just riding down my road

If you ride Whistler, please please wear a full face hemet. Your mother will thank me, nobody wants a ugly kid.

June 27, 2005, 8:41 p.m.

I find it a bit ironic how in those pics of the team dh that the pedal and crank are constantly blocking the lower shock mounting area. Hard to see whats goin on there.

Its quite like a Reign.

June 27, 2005, 9:48 p.m.

About the new DH '06 proto, I have heard good things on this bike from my shops mechanic, but it's all thru the grapevine, anyone know if this bike will be free ride and huck and chuck-able. Because I heave heard lots that the older Giant DH's were not meant to take a canstant beating like a full on beef cake free ride chunk bike. Maybe a dumb question this early in the season but I am really curious because I will be running a Giant next year.

In Session

June 28, 2005, 10:01 a.m.

About the new DH '06 proto, I have heard good things on this bike from my shops mechanic, but it's all thru the grapevine, anyone know if this bike will be free ride and huck and chuck-able. Because I heave heard lots that the older Giant DH's were not meant to take a canstant beating like a full on beef cake free ride chunk bike. Maybe a dumb question this early in the season but I am really curious because I will be running a Giant next year.

right now i'm riding a 2002 giant dh team, i have it set up with a 24" rear wheel and 34t chain ring. it's great for shore and it hasnt broken yet on eny big drops. the only thing is that with a 34t ring the linkages stick out below the bash ring, i'v hit them i couple times but it doesnt seem to be a problem.

June 28, 2005, 10:12 a.m.

How can the suspension be linear and rising rate at the same time? Seems like they are trying to fit as many buzz words in as possible.

So many freaks, so few circuses.

June 28, 2005, 10:14 a.m.

right now i'm riding a 2002 giant dh team, i have it set up with a 24" rear wheel and 34t chain ring. it's great for shore and it hasnt broken yet on eny big drops. the only thing is that with a 34t ring the linkages stick out below the bash ring, i'v hit them i couple times but it doesnt seem to be a problem.

That bike isn't meant to run a 24" wheel…that's gotta throw your geometry way out.

Most race bikes are not built for 24" wheels. The Giant is already a low, slack ride…with a 24"? Yikes.

June 28, 2005, 10:32 a.m.

That bike isn't meant to run a 24" wheel…that's gotta throw your geometry way out.

Most race bikes are not built for 24" wheels. The Giant is already a low, slack ride…with a 24"? Yikes.

it's not bad. i had my bike be side another dh team with 888 and a 26" rear and the head tube angle was the same, my bike was just lower then his, and thats good for me beacuse i'm only 5'5".

http://bb.nsmb.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=113[HTML_REMOVED]c=8