Feb. 19, 2017, 12:19 p.m.

For DH.

http://flattiredefender.com
Or
http://hucknorris.com

Front And Rear or just rear?

Discuss.

Feb. 19, 2017, 12:59 p.m.

Huck Norris is an interesting idea, but pretty easy to diy at home, I think. No reason to buy one.
A magazine over here tested it and the results were less than stellar given the price of the thing and the material used.

The flat tire defender looks more like it, I think. But then again, I am still running tubes.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Feb. 19, 2017, 1:03 p.m.

I really don't get the point of putting a tube into a tubeless system.

Feb. 19, 2017, 1:44 p.m.

Is the other one the "Gwinner" tube?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 19, 2017, 1:46 p.m.

I really don't get the point of putting a tube into a tubeless system.

Check out the websites, they've got marketing/hype, with a tubeless system you still have bent rims and the possibilities of the tire burping.

I'm leaning towards the tire defender as I think you could still roll on it if there are issues. It also seems to give the rim a tighter fit. Just not sure if it make sense to run front as well. These aren't cheap.

Feb. 19, 2017, 7:56 p.m.

I like the Defender better. I'm a heavier rider and it just makes more sense to me. The Huck Norris just seems a little DIY for the price.

Procore doesn't really do deep carbon rims. I have an uninstalled 29er Procore kit for sale if anyone's interested (PM me).

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Feb. 19, 2017, 8:08 p.m.

For everyday trail riding they both seem excessive; cost, installation hassle and rotational weight addition. For DH racing/bike park and Enduro racing I see the advantages

Get some cheap Chinese carbon rims if you're worried about tires blowkng off. You'll never get a tire on or off those rims again!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 19, 2017, 9:42 p.m.

I like the Defender better. I'm a heavier rider and it just makes more sense to me. The Huck Norris just seems a little DIY for the price.

Procore doesn't really do deep carbon rims. I have an uninstalled 29er Procore kit for sale if anyone's interested (PM me).

I'm not able to use my ProCore either with my Nobl wheelset. But I'm not to keen on thrashing said wheel set in the wet months, so I'm considering building up a light-ish arch EX or Easton 27mm and running the Procore in that setup. Something to consider [HTML_REMOVED]#128077;[HTML_REMOVED]#128077;

Feb. 20, 2017, 1:34 p.m.

Flat Tire Defender for bike park is definitely appealing to me as a fatty running tubeless. Will wait for some more reviews but might give it a shot on the DH bike.

Feb. 20, 2017, 2:41 p.m.

I'm not able to use my ProCore either with my Nobl wheelset. But I'm not to keen on thrashing said wheel set in the wet months, so I'm considering building up a light-ish arch EX or Easton 27mm and running the Procore in that setup. Something to consider 👍👍

I figure it's simpler to just have one wheelset for now and if I wreck a carbon rim the replacement cost for that one rim is still less than the price of a second wheelset. Of course that doesn't account for downtime.

Feb. 21, 2017, 1:47 a.m.

Out of curiosity:
What is the specific problem with the NOBL wheels and Procore? Too high pressure for the rim bed? Or does it actually not fit in a mechanical way?
Two layers of narrow high pressure rim strip and another wide layer of rim strip helped me with a rim which didn't play nice with Procore. (A Giant oem rim, really deep channel) It now works perfect.

If you're worried about high pressure and carbon - just go to 3.5 to 4bar max and not crazy low on tire pressure. That should work and bring some kind of protection to your carbon rims.

Feb. 21, 2017, 10:03 a.m.

Out of curiosity:
What is the specific problem with the NOBL wheels and Procore? Too high pressure for the rim bed? Or does it actually not fit in a mechanical way?
Two layers of narrow high pressure rim strip and another wide layer of rim strip helped me with a rim which didn't play nice with Procore. (A Giant oem rim, really deep channel) It now works perfect.

If you're worried about high pressure and carbon - just go to 3.5 to 4bar max and not crazy low on tire pressure. That should work and bring some kind of protection to your carbon rims.

Mechanical. My Derby rims are quite tall so the standard procore valves aren't long enough to reach all the way through.

Feb. 21, 2017, 7:33 p.m.

Mechanical. My Derby rims are quite tall so the standard procore valves aren't long enough to reach all the way through.

Yes it really is too bad Schwalbe is not releasing more options in Procore like longer stems and inner tire carcasses with more volume than they currently have. Certainly with these new options they are going to loose some market share because of the lack of options.

I also think Huck Norris has limited usefulness. I don't see it providing any burp protection at lower pressures, and it just seems too thin to provide that much protection for heavy riders such as myself. It would be good if both these closed cell foam options were available in different densities based on rider weight. That is another advantage of procore - you can adjust the pressure (compliance) of both the inner and outer chambers to match your weight and riding conditions / level of aggression.

March 22, 2017, 8:39 p.m.

Or these nsmb.com/articles/cushcore-another-ding-and-flat-solution/