Flat Pedal Shoes

July 10, 2019, 4:17 p.m.

Looking for recommendations for my next flat pedal riding shoes purchase. My last two pair have been Five Ten Impact VXi and I have been less than impressed with these shoes (both price and durability) so I think I'll look elsewhere this time. Any strong opinions based on whats currently available? Cheers.

it's hard to face the problem when the problem is your face

July 10, 2019, 7:35 p.m.

looking for same, riding same. highest on my list are the Shimano GR7 with the scree collar, which i really like. great overall reviews for this shoe.  the next is the Ride Concepts Hellion which are said to be like a higher quality and firmer Freerider Pro.  it will come down to fit and feel for me, if i could only find my size to try on.....

July 10, 2019, 7:43 p.m.

some thorough reviews of all the contenders out there if you view the youtubes.

July 11, 2019, 11:15 a.m.

Curious about the newer brands like Ride Concepts and I think Afton? Last year I managed to get MEC to warranty a pair of Five Ten Freerider Pros that were showing massive sole wear after 12 months but they said they won't do it again. I'm not riding as much these days (and no bike park) but those shoes are already showing more wear than I'd expect after a year. Not acceptable for a $220 shoe.

July 11, 2019, 5:38 p.m.

I just got a pair of ride concepts hellion yesterday, haven't used them yet but they seem nice