Finally, a Brake that won't slow you down.

July 19, 2010, 2:13 p.m.

Weird. Even ignoring the comedy, I've not adjusted my old XT brakes since 2006!

My front Juicy 7 has not been bled since 2006 as well, but after being informed by biggles604, I will now plan on doing so

July 19, 2010, 2:16 p.m.

Hayes Stroker Ace brakes and Manitou Dorado Pro fork.

All kidding aside on the Prime ad, wait and try the brakes. They are very good.

The Stroker Ace was horrible, so weak compared to my Juicy 7's

Have not tried the Prime. But I doubt it is much better

July 19, 2010, 2:22 p.m.

My front Juicy 7 has not been bled since 2006 as well

If you knew how DOT brake fluid worked, you wouldn't brag much about not bleeding them since 06.
It's a hygroscopic fluid, which means it will absorb moisture and become much less efficient as a hydraulic fluid and will also not dissipate heat as well. Ideally the system is sealed, but moisture has a wonderful habit of finding it's way into everything. This moisture will cause your brakes to fade early, and can also cause corrosion which will ultimately end up in symptoms like stuck pistons. Given how easy it is to bleed brakes, you should make it part of regular service.

July 19, 2010, 2:46 p.m.

If you knew how DOT brake fluid worked, you wouldn't brag much about not bleeding them since 06.
It's a hygroscopic fluid, which means it will absorb moisture and become much less efficient as a hydraulic fluid and will also not dissipate heat as well. Ideally the system is sealed, but moisture has a wonderful habit of finding it's way into everything. This moisture will cause your brakes to fade early, and can also cause corrosion which will ultimately end up in symptoms like stuck pistons. Given how easy it is to bleed brakes, you should make it part of regular service.

Was not aware of that. I'm going to get my brake bled soon then

July 19, 2010, 2:55 p.m.

Have not tried the Prime. But I doubt it is much better

I have Stroker Aces, they blow away any Juicy brake I've had.

July 19, 2010, 3:16 p.m.

Oh snap! Brake fight!!!!

July 19, 2010, 3:22 p.m.

The copy doesn't bug me as much as the typography and hap hazard placement of product.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

July 19, 2010, 3:36 p.m.

I second that. I've been happier on my Stroker Aces than I was on my Juicy 7s. And the Juicy 7s were the best of the Avid brakes I've owned.

And on that note. A bunch of BC Cups were won by guys on Stroker Aces this year. So they can't be that awful.

Dave have you had a chance to ride the Primes yet?

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

July 19, 2010, 3:47 p.m.

Dave have you had a chance to ride the Primes yet?

I don't think he can neither confirm nor deny that question at this point……next question

July 19, 2010, 3:57 p.m.

And on that note. A bunch of BC Cups were won by guys on Stroker Aces this year. So they can't be that awful.

They might have won riding Hayes 9s…

July 19, 2010, 4:05 p.m.

They might have won riding Hayes 9s…

or the brake didn't slowed them down…

July 19, 2010, 4:17 p.m.

I don't think he can neither confirm nor deny that question at this point……next question

Are you Dave's new lawyer. I knew Dave was becoming a bit of a big deal around here, but now he has his own NSMB forum lawyer? This mountain biking is becoming serious business. Your client did say this however:

All kidding aside on the Prime ad, wait and try the brakes. They are very good.

This implies he's ridden them and were very good. I really looking forward to the Primes, and if they're better than the Aces, that makes me even more excited.

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

July 19, 2010, 4:23 p.m.

This thread - nay, this forum - is becoming more and more painful to read as each day passes. Do people not know how to spell or string more than three words into a sentence anymore?

The question is rhetorical, so please don't answer. Please.

"It's, like, so much fun."

July 19, 2010, 4:24 p.m.

no comment

but if he was, Dave allegedly heard they were good from a undisclosed source

July 19, 2010, 7:50 p.m.

I had the aces on my bike and they sucked hard BUT I had the chance to sit on gorzs bike and his felt great. I'm thinking they need a good bleed and good break in. Could be wrong?
Posted via Mobile Device