Fenders? Marsh Guard vs RRP Guard(s) vs Mudhugger

May 8, 2019, 11:02 p.m.

@grimwood I've seen the videos of the mudhugger staff doing durability tests (bending and twisting) on their mudguards and that, together with the rear mudguard's coverage, really sealed the deal for me. On the other hand, I'm also heavily interested on the size of that front RRP Proguard Max P.

Is the RRP mudguard as durable and flexible as Mudhugger's? I'm planning to have an RRP front and a Mudhugger rear.

May 9, 2019, 9:05 a.m.

The RRP plastic is pretty similar to the Mudhugger and I reckon it will be as durable.

May 13, 2019, 7:05 a.m.

The mudhuggers are pretty flimsy compared to the RRP in my experience. But when the mudhugger gets bent, you can just pour boiling water onto it and it goes back to it's original moulded shape.

RRP for though - it's the bedt i've used by far. The Mudhugger ended up in the bin after trying it :)

Haven't taken it off since actually. I know as soon as I do it will start to rain.

May 13, 2019, 9:23 a.m.

Had a MudHugger on my bike for over 4 yrs , used it on my last 3 bikes.

May 13, 2019, 2:28 p.m.

Ran the RRP all winter...great product, very happy with the purchase.

May 13, 2019, 8:46 p.m.

Marsh Guard with Stache doesn’t keep rocks from being thrown off my Wild Enduro and into my eyes. |:

May 14, 2019, 9:11 a.m.

I only use a Marsh Guard in summer because it helps keep my stanchions a bit cleaner.

May 14, 2019, 9:46 a.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

Marsh Guard with Stache doesn’t keep rocks from being thrown off my Wild Enduro and into my eyes. |:

With a name like yours, surely you are rocking the goggles with a half shell though? :)

I keep a full length Mucky Nutz on the front and back even in the summer.  Protects the stanchions and my face from rocks in the front, and stops garbage from being thrown into my linkage in the back.

Last edited by: shoreboy on May 14, 2019, 9:48 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 14, 2019, 7:16 p.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

Posted by: Endur-Bro

With a name like yours, surely you are rocking the goggles with a half shell though? :)

Hahaha. Can’t even find where the GF stored my POC knee pads this winter. No idea where the goggles are. Found my old pair in my FF bag. 

Got a butt bag in the mail today though. 

I’m all about style over substance and that’s why I run the Marsh. 

Also have a SKS downtube guard and full wrap rear fender if I decide I want to be cold and wet and not on snow.