External dropper post recommendation?

Oct. 12, 2017, 12:31 p.m.

I recall reading that Wolf Tooth Components has made a remote that works really well with the Fox Transfer and it's cheaper (and works better) than the Fox remote.  If I go for at Transfer I will likely go with a Wolf Tooth remote.  Forget where I read it.  Pinkbike?  Here?

Oct. 13, 2017, 7:57 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

Posted by: krusty-rider

Yup, Fox Transfer. Been fantastic. The only quibble I have is on the lever, where the cable bends over the "cam" at the end of the lever blade, I've gone through a couple cables already. I think the cam may be a little too sharp of a bend, causing the cable strands to break and fray. Thank goodness it's so damn easy to change a cable, unlike some of the Stealth posts.

yeah I've heard that^^ is the only downfall, do you replace the whole cable & housing, how much$ ?

i wonder if you could knock that sharp corner down with a file ?

Replace just the inner cable. Takes about 5mins. So easy on a non-stealth post. A cable is only a few bucks. I'm going to try experimenting with different quality cables to see if makes any difference. I would imagine if you filed down the cam on the end it would have an effect on how much cable the lever pulls, so it may not pull enough to release to post.

Oct. 13, 2017, 2:30 p.m.

I agree filing it too much  would affect the cams action so you don't wana lose the cam but there looks to be a very sharp edge that could use a bit of filing??