ews gear goodies

April 20, 2014, 1:50 p.m.

Your comment on the new XTR 1x11 doesn't make sense…those are the 2015 cranks shown on Lars bike.

They are not the new XTR cranks. _These _are the new XTR cranks:

Lars is running some sort of hacked together XT crank. Look at the top right pic, you can even see the Jiffy markered out XT logo.

Ride, don't slide.

April 20, 2014, 3:09 p.m.

The 2015 Factory forks have a 7-click Trail Adjust knob - it's just two years too late.

That makes more sense

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

April 20, 2014, 5:08 p.m.

Even though I am riding a 27.5 bike this year, that result shows that wheel size really does not matter, at least not as much as marketing departments suggest they do.

Very few of us ride like top level pros. I've got a 26er and a 650B bike. They are both excellent. I notice the bigger wheel benefits more on the climbs/flats. I'm not shocked that a 26er would be on the top of the podium in a gravity event. I also won't be shocked when a 650B bike wins. :cow:

The 2015 Factory forks have a 7-click Trail Adjust knob - it's just two years too late.

+1 - CTD has gone all biopace. :deadhorse:

Just give us back some freaking adjuster knobs and let's not pretend we are all idiots. :stupid:

April 20, 2014, 5:26 p.m.

I perused the 36 down at Sea Otter and found out the axle-crown is the same and in some cases actually lower than the 34. I don't think stiffness was as much as issue as the damping cartridge in the 34.

Interesting regarding the A-C.

Jeez can't believe Graves lost his lead but just shows you can never count out the flying midget. Still, one blown corner in time between them after two days of racing. Looks like they've gotta do it all over again.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

April 20, 2014, 7:48 p.m.

Very few of us ride like top level pros. I've got a 26er and a 650B bike. They are both excellent. I notice the bigger wheel benefits more on the climbs/flats. I'm not shocked that a 26er would be on the top of the podium in a gravity event. I also won't be shocked when a 650B bike wins. :cow:

Yeah that's true for sure. I think for a lot of people when they ride different sized wheels back to back, the bigger wheels often feel faster, but often is the case they aren't. Of course there are a million factors that could sway those results.

I know a guy who did exactly that; tested a 29er and a 26" (both very similar bikes) on the same circuit, on back to back days under the same conditions. What he found was that obviously the big wheels rolled over stuff better and felt faster, but the 26" wheels accelerated quicker and cornered better. So in the end, the times were pretty much bang on.

April 20, 2014, 7:54 p.m.

Looks like Graves blew it on the last stage. Must have been the wheel size.

Dammn it! I thought this wheel size thing was over this am.

April 20, 2014, 8:50 p.m.

What is with the 173 on Craigs Giant? Is the Trance SX going the way of the dodo?

Too bad RS doesn't release a 650B Lyrik, with R2C2DH or Charger cartridge.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 20, 2014, 9:01 p.m.

What is with the 173 on Craigs Giant? Is the Trance SX going the way of the dodo?

Too bad RS doesn't release a 650B Lyrik, with R2C2DH or Charger cartridge.

the 173 is a inspection sticker they put one on all the major components of the bike and check that they are still on the bike after each stage

#northsidetrailbuilders

April 20, 2014, 9:12 p.m.

Yeah that's true for sure. I think for a lot of people when they ride different sized wheels back to back, the bigger wheels often feel faster, but often is the case they aren't. Of course there are a million factors that could sway those results.

I know a guy who did exactly that; tested a 29er and a 26" (both very similar bikes) on the same circuit, on back to back days under the same conditions. What he found was that obviously the big wheels rolled over stuff better and felt faster, but the 26" wheels accelerated quicker and cornered better. So in the end, the times were pretty much bang on.

What 29"? What 26"? What type of trail? What kind of rider? What tires? Fatigue? Mental state? etc….

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

April 20, 2014, 9:46 p.m.

They should have a Rider Adjust knob. With small set of nuts on one end, and big, brass set on the other.

I could do with that.

welcome to the bottom of my post.

April 21, 2014, 6:31 a.m.

What 29"? What 26"? What type of trail? What kind of rider? What tires? Fatigue? Mental state? etc….

I don't know, but I can tell you it was done by a WC racer and as scientific as possible under the circumstances. Pretty sure the main differences in bikes were wheel sizes. I guess take it for what its worth.

April 21, 2014, 6:40 a.m.

So in the end, the times were pretty much bang on.

and for me at least I don't time my rides. I like to have fun and ride strong. I found the bigger wheel more efficient over rough ground which is why I got the 650B bike when I bought a new bike.

I also ran the biggest tires on my 26er that I could reasonably get away with [2.4" Trail Kings].

and I bought a new bike because my 26er was entering year #6 and I wanted a change…..not because I had to have a 650B bike and 26" wheels didn't work. ;)

I have owned a variety of 29ers as well and was thinking about a 29er for my new FS bike, but the tweener wheel size won out.

I'd have no heartache riding a 26er or a 29er for another 5yrs as long as I could pick a bike that best suited my needs in either wheel size.

Back to Enduro - I see Jerome won in Chile…is he riding 650B now or is he still on a 26er? I saw Cannondale had a 650B enduro race bike in the works.

April 21, 2014, 7:55 a.m.

and for me at least I don't time my rides. I like to have fun and ride strong. I found the bigger wheel more efficient over rough ground which is why I got the 650B bike when I bought a new bike.

I also ran the biggest tires on my 26er that I could reasonably get away with [2.4" Trail Kings].

and I bought a new bike because my 26er was entering year #6 and I wanted a change…..not because I had to have a 650B bike and 26" wheels didn't work. ;)

I have owned a variety of 29ers as well and was thinking about a 29er for my new FS bike, but the tweener wheel size won out.

I'd have no heartache riding a 26er or a 29er for another 5yrs as long as I could pick a bike that best suited my needs in either wheel size.

Back to Enduro - I see Jerome won in Chile…is he riding 650B now or is he still on a 26er? I saw Cannondale had a 650B enduro race bike in the works.

650B I believe.

April 21, 2014, 8:13 a.m.

650B I believe.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/jerome-clementzs-2015-cannondale-jekyll-bike-check.html

April 21, 2014, 8:42 a.m.

and for me at least I don't time my rides.

What? I thought everyone uses Strava nowadays??? ;)