ergon grips.

Jan. 3, 2012, 10:53 a.m.

i'm wishing they were softer/squishier w/ more siping on the inner region.

Ergon X CrossTrainer = PowerCombo

flickr

Jan. 3, 2012, 8:46 p.m.

Jan. 3, 2012, 10:40 p.m.

^ /thread.

while your sitten at your desk im banging laps.

Jan. 4, 2012, 4:16 p.m.

Been running GA1-S's on my DH for the past year. Love em.

Jan. 5, 2012, 11:26 a.m.

I used to rock those Oakley grips, although in the winter I couldn't keep them from slipping.
Never used the newer generation 'beaver butt' grips with the lockability, but just riding around on customer's bikes with them I found they limited how much I could move my hand around. Any you know how much I like moving my hand around.

Jan. 5, 2012, 8:31 p.m.

MEC has there own grips that are like Ergon ones I've been running them on my Enduro since start of the summer. I really like them I'm gonna try the Ergon ones on my new ride. Google Sonya Looney she is a Ergon sponsored rider, she has an interesting blog with lots of cool riding in Colorado. She is not too hard to look at either.

Jan. 8, 2012, 10:17 a.m.

I used to rock those Oakley grips, although in the winter I couldn't keep them from slipping.
Never used the newer generation 'beaver butt' grips with the lockability, but just riding around on customer's bikes with them I found they limited how much I could move my hand around. Any you know how much I like moving my hand around.

Maybe not moving your hand might keep you off your back….zing!

You planning on bringing in some of the GA1's? It might just be the ticket for Sheilas
hand numbing issues.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Jan. 12, 2012, 5:16 p.m.

I had a set of ergon grips in about 2006 and I thought they were terrible for any kind of aggressive riding. They worked well if you had a fairly constant body position, but if you were changing your body position as you ride (e.g. pumping things, jumps, etc) they felt very limiting because you couldn't rotate your hands on the grips. I turned mine into a hacksaw guide for cutting down handlebars.

Jan. 12, 2012, 5:20 p.m.

yeah, I change my body position all the time; over the bars, off the side, etc.

Jan. 13, 2012, 12:10 p.m.

Worse than saddles with the junk saver hole.

Jan. 15, 2012, 1:18 p.m.

I had a set of ergon grips in about 2006 and I thought they were terrible for any kind of aggressive riding. They worked well if you had a fairly constant body position, but if you were changing your body position as you ride (e.g. pumping things, jumps, etc) they felt very limiting because you couldn't rotate your hands on the grips. I turned mine into a hacksaw guide for cutting down handlebars.

i like to think i ride aggressively and can't say i agree. they are slightly unusual feeling but that seems to be offset by less hand fatigue. personal preference i suppose.

Jan. 15, 2012, 5:26 p.m.

i like to think i ride aggressively and can't say i agree. they are slightly unusual feeling but that seems to be offset by less hand fatigue. personal preference i suppose.

grow man hands

Jan. 16, 2012, 7:37 a.m.

well, there's the ones with the big platform and there's the ones that just have some extra shape to them instead of being just a rubber tube. I think most people are rocking the ones with some extra shape. there's actually one called the GE1 that has a slimmer clamp and a bit of a flange. supposed to be "specifically for enduro and freeride"

Check my stuff for sale!

Jan. 28, 2012, 12:23 a.m.

Use them on the commuting/fitness bike. I have the GR2. They do what they're meant to do… distribute weight more evenly. The bar ends are nice for short climbs and to just switch positions when your mitts are tired.

I got them because my commuter is very rigid and I was getting a lot of tingling (esp when I was riding the bike on gravel paths/rough pavement). They deal with this problem… to a degree. I still move to the bar ends or put my hands over the shifters/brake levers to get some relief.

They've got the right idea. Anything that can prolong a ride is a good idea to me.

Jan. 28, 2012, 6:40 a.m.

well, there's the ones with the big platform and there's the ones that just have some extra shape to them instead of being just a rubber tube. I think most people are rocking the ones with some extra shape. there's actually one called the GE1 that has a slimmer clamp and a bit of a flange. supposed to be "specifically for enduro and freeride"

They are really great, run them on all my bikes, apart from the commuter - when buying just make sure that the size is the proper one, they come in a bigger and a smaller size - I run the smaller size. Less cramps in my fingers, apparently I have small hands.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer