enduro evo man enough for whistler?

June 7, 2013, 8:44 a.m.

Im 43, get up to the bike park a couple times a year, and ride Fromme and Seymour as much as I can (which is not nearly often enough). I’m reasonably timid on bigger drops and jumps. I don’t clear most of the tabletops on A line. I want a bike that is going to good on the shore, but also enough for Whistler – something that I wont feel sketchy on if I try and push myself. I’m thinking about getting an Enduro Evo. Do you guys think this bike is man enough bike for the bike park (keeping in mind I’m not doing anything too hairy)?
thanks

June 7, 2013, 9:27 a.m.

To me, the bike park is more about durability than anything. You can find a trail that will make just about any bike fun. But anything without a bit of durability is probably going to get a bit beat.

June 7, 2013, 9:28 a.m.

My non-evo Enduro handles the bike park just fine. Your hands and wrists will be knackered at the end of the day though.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

June 7, 2013, 10:09 a.m.

My non-evo Enduro handles the bike park just fine. Your hands and wrists will be knackered at the end of the day though.

why because the brakes arent up to bike park standards?

June 7, 2013, 10:20 a.m.

I have a 2012 Enduro Evo as my big bike.
Took it last weekend to the Park for the first time and it handled it nicely.
No problems keeping it stable on ALine. No issues on tech runs like Schleyer, Whistler DH course, etc.
I don't do big drops, so can't comment on that, but I don't think it would be a problem.
I have it setup with a 180mm fork.
The 2013 model comes with 180mm as well, so if that's what you are planning to get, you should be ok.

June 7, 2013, 10:25 a.m.

I am also curious about the enduro evo's durability/potential shortcomings. I liked the bike a lot on the demo day (much better than the Kona process, which i considered earlier) and put one on order.

That said, i am curious about what will need upgrading/replacing first. I mostly ride like the OP stated, although I do like to have a little extra capability built into my bike. So any input on the evo (the basic one, with the X fusion fork) will be much appreciated.

June 7, 2013, 12:05 p.m.

No brakes are fine. I think it has more to do with only 160mm of travel and not being able to get it as squishy as a 200mm bike.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

June 7, 2013, 12:11 p.m.

nsmb has an evo in for review. garret t (cheezit on these boards) has had it for about a month and he's no timid tina. maybe pm him for some early impressions

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 7, 2013, 1:15 p.m.

No need for brakes in bike park except after glc drop

June 7, 2013, 2:12 p.m.

The 2013 model comes with 180mm as well, so if that's what you are planning to get, you should be ok.

That's a good setup for park riding. A little slower on chunder trails but thats just the bike coaxing you back toward better stuff

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

June 7, 2013, 3:17 p.m.

You could always put bigger rotors on.
My hands turn into claws in the bike park. So much holding on for dear life plus all the jarring.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

June 7, 2013, 4:10 p.m.

I swapped the stock Avid X0s for Formulas RXs, and I find the power just fine.
Even the Xos were ok, but I don't usually like the feel of Avid brakes.

June 7, 2013, 6:59 p.m.

It's all about the rider. There are still guys rocking old sx's with less travel and sending it to the max. If you're casing all the jumps though your trail weight wheel set might get trashed as I'm assuming they probably come with more endurorific rims. If you're only hitting the park a few days a season and aren't going to be "crushing it" all day, this bike will be a fine compromise.

June 8, 2013, 6:57 a.m.

Hey guys, I do have the Enduro Expert EVO as a test bike from NSMB. I've been a little busy since this thread has been up to make a big post, but will have time after I get home from whistler today (just getting ready to go there now). I can quickly say that I've put the EVO through 6 days at the bike park making sure to ride every trail up there and it has certainly earned the title of being "man enough". I'll share more detail when I don't have to type on a phone.

June 8, 2013, 8:14 a.m.

Haha timid tina…

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.