enduro 650

Oct. 12, 2015, 5:09 p.m.

yea going to replace my 2010 SX trail with this bike. I like the Enduro 650b but im scared ill be short changed in the gnarly stuff. will be riding the all over the sunshine coast (including gravity park)

anyone use this bike for 'all mountain but more on the dh side'
i have looked at the evo, but ill get a better deal on the 6" enduro..

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.

Oct. 12, 2015, 6:04 p.m.

A new Enduro will make an SXT feel like 40lb XC bike.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Oct. 12, 2015, 8:40 p.m.

This

/thread

Oct. 13, 2015, 9:59 a.m.

The only weakness of that bike is the 650 wheels. Go 29 ;)

Oct. 14, 2015, 5:53 a.m.

excellent

Oct. 14, 2015, 7:56 p.m.

yep pulled the trigger picking up on friday evening

Oct. 15, 2015, 1:19 p.m.

Be good to know what you think relative to the old bike. I bet the difference in climbing will be comedic.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Oct. 15, 2015, 5:50 p.m.

yeah, i am thinking i will enjoy the climbs a bit more.

or "it doesnt get easier, you just go faster"

Oct. 16, 2015, 9:02 a.m.

yeah, i am thinking i will enjoy the climbs a bit more.

or "it doesnt get easier, you just go faster"

but the pain doesn't last as long.

:canada:

Oct. 18, 2015, 7:51 p.m.

well heres the first ride review -

spent about 5 hours riding roberts creek, as this is my old stomping grounds (also just moved back to the ssc a month ago) and i know them trails like the back of my hand.

-Firstly this bike climbs like no bike i have ever owned, maybe even better then my 2005 rocky element team!
huge improvement over the heavy sx i was riding, i can actually ride up technical climbs with ease.

-first real descent was down mach chicken. I found the bike to feel a little flimsy in the loose rock, but once lowering tire pressure it was better. jumping felt awkward at this stage and i was feeling a little down about the bike (of course it was the first ride on a new rig so i had to remember that)

after some minor adjustments if felt pretty happy with the bike,

next couple laps i continued to climb and adjust the suspension. I like the CTD unit on the rear shock, it actually is useful and not gimicky like i thought it might be.
hit up some good loamers and was really stoked on how the bike handled through that stuff.

last run i ripped DNZ and the dirt jumps, still not entirely sure how i feel about the bike for getting gnarly, but i did some re-adjusting of the rear suspension, got it feeling stable off the lips. I think once im used to the bike it will be better

over all im super stoked on the bike and think i made a good purchase.:clap:

Oct. 18, 2015, 8:56 p.m.

Suspension leverage rate is linear so more dependent on shock characteristics than the majority of designs. This means they're very sensitive to shock setup. The upside to this is that you have effective options for shock tuning.

- Morgman

Oct. 22, 2015, 10:43 a.m.

Tires can make a really big difference to the way the new bikes handle. Light weight tires make the light bikes feel kind of xc'ish If you still have the stock butcher/slaughter combo I suggest you switch them out to a magic mary front and a minion dhr 2 rear. Then be amazed at how flimsy this bike isn't :)

Oct. 22, 2015, 11:22 a.m.

(also just moved back to the ssc a month ago)

welcome back!

Oct. 22, 2015, 11:34 a.m.

Tires can make a really big difference to the way the new bikes handle. Light weight tires make the light bikes feel kind of xc'ish If you still have the stock butcher/slaughter combo I suggest you switch them out to a magic mary front and a minion dhr 2 rear. Then be amazed at how flimsy this bike isn't :)

yeah the stock tires enduros come with are nice and light, and the treads are good, but the control casing is a bit on the flimsy side. upgrading to whatever the next level is (sx?) or a maxxis exo tire will likely make the bike feel more confidence inspiring at speed, in tech and on edge

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Oct. 22, 2015, 11:39 a.m.

Grids are the next casing up from Controls. I don't think they make the SX anymore.

:canada: