Endorko helmet dork off

April 2, 2017, 11:33 p.m.

took a risk and ordered a catlike forza 2.0. I'm kinda between their 2 sizes.. hopefully it all works out.

https://www.catlike.es/no/en/helmets/mountain-bike/forza-2-0/

May 8, 2017, 3 p.m.

Posted by: Ddean

I picked up the matte black Fox yesterday. Looking forward to trying it out.

It sure is light and I think looks pretty cool too.

Update: destroyed this helmet in a hard crash that left me with a separated shoulder, sublux'd ribs and a torn hamstring. I'm pretty busted up but nothing that wont heal. The Proframe has a 9inch crack all the way from the forehead to the back, but aside from some abrasions on my forehead around the area of the crack, my head is totally fine - no concussion. The helmet is DESTROYED.

I'm going to get another

May 8, 2017, 3:55 p.m.

I picked up the matte black Fox yesterday. Looking forward to trying it out.

It sure is light and I think looks pretty cool too.

Update: destroyed this helmet in a hard crash that left me with a separated shoulder, sublux'd ribs and a torn hamstring. I'm pretty busted up but nothing that wont heal. The Proframe has a 9inch crack all the way from the forehead to the back, but aside from some abrasions on my forehead around the area of the crack, my head is totally fine - no concussion. The helmet is DESTROYED.

I'm going to get another

Yikes! Thanks for taking one for the team. Glad you're here to tell the story.

Last edited by: D_C_ on May 8, 2017, 3:55 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 8, 2017, 6:41 p.m.

Great info Guys.
Sounds nasty Ddean!

As mentioned...it depends on the fit...no matter how cool something looks. I too will be shopping for a pedal-able fullface soon.
All my bigger DH crashes have left a cut or smack on my chin...and these new Trail bikes are no joke...still hauling ass down the hill :) .....need some protection dammit! ...even if it is 30+ out

May 8, 2017, 8:40 p.m.

I barely even notice that the proframe or s2rs have chinbars. In my view there's no reason to ride without a chin bar now they're so unobtrusive and the helmets are so light and well vented.

Last edited by: Ddean on May 8, 2017, 8:41 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 6, 2017, 2:13 a.m.

There have been some nasty tales (this thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/apparel-protection/giro-switchblade-failure-1041207.html ) of the chinbar snapping off in a crash with the Switchblade (so it does it's job with the initial impact, just not for much longer than that).

Not necessarily a reason to completely write it off, but perhaps safer to go with something more Proframe-esque...