e-spec time...

March 25, 2010, 11:19 a.m.

WTF FTW!?!?!?!

What happened to the Poison!?!?!?!?!

iforonewelcome.com

March 25, 2010, 11:58 a.m.

i didn't think ftw had any involvement with the current incarnation of spooky. he welded for them a few years ago, but is now mr sinister exclusively, if i understand correctly.

March 25, 2010, noon

So, this is what ER_Regular just plunked down for?

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

March 25, 2010, 12:08 p.m.

WTF FTW!?!?!?!

What happened to the Poison!?!?!?!?!

lost in the luminiferous ether so it seems. the new f-bomb is, how you say, uninspired:

March 25, 2010, 12:49 p.m.

the spring is contacting the frame. cad fail.

March 25, 2010, 12:52 p.m.

The FTW comments were a joke. He hasn't been involved with Spooky since 2002 or something.

It was a joke about the people that cream there pants on Ridemonkey and MTBR for anything that has touched FTW's hands.

March 25, 2010, 1 p.m.

The FTW comments were a joke. He hasn't been involved with Spooky since 2002 or something.

It was a joke about the people that cream there pants on Ridemonkey and MTBR for anything that has touched FTW's hands.

insert RTW as needed.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

March 25, 2010, 1:16 p.m.

insert RTW as needed.

I hear he likes to call people out on the net to fight behind the bleachers after school.

March 25, 2010, 3:46 p.m.

Actually, the new FTW DH bike (which s a replacement for the Sinister R9 and is an evloution of the 2009 F-Bomb) is called the FB-10. I've got one coming in the next couple of weeks which looks like this:

From what I understand it is being put out by FTW Industries, rather than by Sinister, even though FTW is still the guy at Sinister.

I can't say that I "cream my pants" for all things FTW, but he sure as hell knows how to make a damn good bike. I've already got both a Ridge and a Splinter MX. They are reliable, really well built, fun, and the geo is spot on. The FB-10 is perhaps not the most inspiring in the looks department, (I happen to like it, and I happen to like single pivots) but how much do looks really matter when headed down hill? Function before form as far as I am concerned.

Spooky bikes is a reincarnation of the earlier company of the same name that FTW used to weld for. It was restarted in part by Mickey, (Suspect Device on RM) who was associated with Sinister for a while. They are based out of Easthampton, MA. The Project X looks interesting, in an IH Sunday sort of way.

March 27, 2010, 1:02 a.m.

the spring is contacting the frame. cad fail.

It's hard to say from only a side view.

It definitely looks like an update of the Sunday, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm not particularly partial to Sundays, but I actually kind of like the looks of this one.

22 Pride

March 27, 2010, 3:06 a.m.

lost in the luminiferous ether so it seems. the new f-bomb is, how you say, uninspired:

Iron horse yakuza kumicho?

March 29, 2010, 7:48 a.m.

That piggyback reservoir is waaay too small, i predict it will be shit as a result. (j/k)

Honestly it looks like a rip off. Stick some Duncon decals on it and see who really cares.

Proof that all we need is the 'right' geo and a fancy name.

Single pivot axle path, that from the sag point will be all forward and up. Just because someone has figured out a patentable way to remove braking forces from a design is only halt the equation IMO.

March 29, 2010, 7:31 p.m.

Single pivot axle path, that from the sag point will be all forward and up. Just because someone has figured out a patentable way to remove braking forces from a design is only halt the equation IMO.

Man, that really isn't always true. For an older Turner, Blindside, Kona, etc that rule will follow, but even on that spooky, I seriously doubt your sag point will make the pivot in line with the axle. It certainly doesn't on a Morewood/Orange, and absolutely doesn't on a Superco/Zerode/Appalache and a whole bunch of others.

SOR

March 29, 2010, 7:44 p.m.

Man, that really isn't always true. For an older Turner, Blindside, Kona, etc that rule will follow, but even on that spooky, I seriously doubt your sag point will make the pivot in line with the axle. It certainly doesn't on a Morewood/Orange, and absolutely doesn't on a Superco/Zerode/Appalache and a whole bunch of others.

hey hey… my Stab's got a high pivot too! :crybaby:

Check my stuff for sale!