DVO Diamond E3 help

March 1, 2022, 7:41 a.m.

I am hoping someone here can help me out.

I have a Diamond E3 fork (the eBike version of the Diamond) and I am trying to do a lower leg service.

I cannot figure out how to remove the footnut/rebound knob on the damper side. It is different from the standard Diamond and I can't see any wrench flats/Allen screws or anything.

Before I broke something, I wanted to see if anyone here has any ideas.

Update: so apparently the adjuster knob just pulls right off, takes some force. Much like the Rockshox forks. I do wish there was some documentation online, but DVO was able to help.

End thread!

Last edited by: kavurider on March 1, 2022, 8:58 a.m., edited 6 times in total.
Reason: added photos
March 1, 2022, 8:33 p.m.

Huh, just had my Diamond open on the bench yesterday. Glad I didn't have to deal with those shenanigans.

March 2, 2022, 7:11 a.m.

Posted by: velocipedestrian

Huh, just had my Diamond open on the bench yesterday. Glad I didn't have to deal with those shenanigans.

This is probably the lowest end version they make, no OTT and a very simple damper. I haven't been able to make it feel very good and I am hoping a lower service with fresh oil and some slickoleum will help.

March 2, 2022, 7:30 a.m.

I'm pretty active on a couple Ibis Ripmo AF forums, where almost all those bikes come with DVO forks. It seems like the majority of them don't come well lubricated, and a lowers service does wonders. Fox Gold and slickoleum are a good choice down there.

March 3, 2022, 5:28 p.m.

Yeah thats the lowest end model they do. It's the same level as RS 35 Gold......The E3 feels WAY better than a 35 (IMHO), but it's not going to compare with a top end fork (like a Diamond D1 or RS Pike Select Ultimate)....

March 4, 2022, 7:26 a.m.

Posted by: Jenkins5

Yeah thats the lowest end model they do. It's the same level as RS 35 Gold......The E3 feels WAY better than a 35 (IMHO), but it's not going to compare with a top end fork (like a Diamond D1 or RS Pike Select Ultimate)....

Came stock on my bike. Probably going to sell it, I currently have a Trust Shout in it's place.

I just want to give it a lowers service before I pass it on.

Dec. 10, 2023, 11:25 a.m.

Hi @KavuRider - I am about to service my Diamond D3 which has the same style of rebound knob and was a little confused about this as well. Are you saying that the knob can be pulled off? and then it exposed an 18mm or allen key footnut to remove? What did you use to remove it? I was thinking of a rag and pliers or maybe fit a small flat head under it and pry it up?