Dropper Question: Reverb vs Fall Line

April 26, 2018, 4:15 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

Is there any reason, besides buying Canadian, to pay the big bucks for one of them though?  Spending over $500 really doesn't seem necessary anymore.

Extra travel. The Fall Line (200mm) and Bikeyoke (185mm) are the longest options. They're also both the most expensive.

April 27, 2018, 9:17 a.m.

what's the tax in landed cost comparo Craw? pretty close between those 2 i imagine.  9.8 can be purchased (and therefore serviced/warrantied) through your LBS if that matters. not sure about BY. BY has big appeal, but i wouldn't be interested in dealing with out of country service.

April 27, 2018, 12:12 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

what's the tax in landed cost comparo Craw? pretty close between those 2 i imagine.  9.8 can be purchased (and therefore serviced/warrantied) through your LBS if that matters. not sure about BY. BY has big appeal, but i wouldn't be interested in dealing with out of country service.

Good question. 9.8 is Canadian, so despite the higher cost is way more appealing. I thought the Revive was user serviceable? Otherwise I’d be loathe to buy something that required support from a European company.

April 27, 2018, 3:18 p.m.

Posted by: craw

Posted by: JBV

Good question. 9.8 is Canadian, so despite the higher cost is way more appealing. I thought the Revive was user serviceable? Otherwise I’d be loathe to buy something that required support from a European company.

Revive is 100% user serviceable.  You would have to order the parts kit in (which would be the same for the 9.8).  You can get the Revive from Jenson, which will be free shipping and 6-7% tax to your door in 3 days.  They often have them on sale at Jenson as well, in addition to 6% cash back.  Got my 160mm BY for $299USD +6% cashback.

April 30, 2018, 12:24 p.m.

I went with the Revive. I really wanted to support Canadian but so many people having so many issues. My two local shops warned me off it. The Revive can be easily serviced and is still really long with 185mm of drop.