dropper post won't drop - advice?

Nov. 2, 2014, 11:43 a.m.

My reverb has stopped compressing - I've checked to make sure the clamp isn't overtightened and I've made sure it's set at 250 psi.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Does it just need a bleed or is it something else?

Thanks

Nov. 2, 2014, 12:26 p.m.

My reverb has stopped compressing - I've checked to make sure the clamp isn't overtightened and I've made sure it's set at 250 psi.

Does it just need a bleed or is it something else?

Thanks

My solution for dropper posts that stop working has been to put my Thomson rigid seatpost back on… man they all have issues. As for your Reverb I would suggest a seal rebuild possibly?

Nov. 2, 2014, 12:36 p.m.

https://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/reverb

Reverb's hydraulic remote lever and system is contamination proof to ensure miles of reliability

what they fail to mention is how many miles.

My carbon seatpost is solid!

Check with the LBS you bought it at.
http://www.leelikesbikes.com/fail-rockshox-reverb.html

Nov. 2, 2014, 3:10 p.m.

It's quite likely that bleeding the control circuit will fix your problem. Make sure to set the speed control to fast before doing the bleed. I have had this problem a few times and bleeding the control line always fixed it.

Nov. 4, 2014, 8:35 a.m.

I like riding my bike in the forest. I crash in the forest. My poor bike lands on rocks and trees.
Think about how exposed your seat is. It is a leverage devise waiting to be damaged.
Now hang a very expensive, sophisticated devise with plenty of delicate parts that must work accurately.
No wonder almost every one I know that has one of these contraptions has had failures.
If I was trail riding in Nebraska I would get one of these for my wagon wheel bike.
If you ride hard and crash some times…….Expect this expensive gadget to break.
Mind you that was not helpful.
MEC sells dropper post. When it breaks. Take it to MEC give them the sad puppy eye look at the counter and receive a fresh post!
As long as they sell you a part that fails they will replace it.
Yes one could take advantage of such great service but I shop at MEC because they sell good stuff.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

Nov. 4, 2014, 9:10 a.m.

Lots of useful advise given :rolleyes:

OP, can you give some more details on the Reverb? Silver collar? black collar? How long have you had it for? Estimated ride time?

It has been quite some time since I've had issue with a Reverb, I'd say do a full bleed, instructions should be on the SRAMTech youtube page. If that isn't working a service kit could, or likely is needed. If you don't want to do it yourself Fluid Function does the RockShox servicing

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 4, 2014, 9:26 p.m.

Lots of useful advise given :rolleyes:

OP, can you give some more details on the Reverb? Silver collar? black collar? How long have you had it for? Estimated ride time?

It has been quite some time since I've had issue with a Reverb, I'd say do a full bleed, instructions should be on the SRAMTech youtube page. If that isn't working a service kit could, or likely is needed. If you don't want to do it yourself Fluid Function does the RockShox servicing

It's a black collar reverb. Had it since Jan of last year and I've got almost 100 rides on it - so maybe it's due for a full bleed anyway. I'll give that a try - thanks for the advice.

Nov. 30, 2014, 1:31 a.m.

I've recently done three bleeds in the past month as my Reverb began to return slowly/not work at all below 5 degrees. Did the last one this morning and rode Seymour this afternoon. Post lasted all of 45 minutes before becoming stuck down.
Post is now being shipped for a service by LBS.

I've read comments that the cold temps affect the oil but only some reverbs succumb to the weather where most others work like champs all year round. Hopefully the service sorts it out.

Anyone else have a reverb that has performance issues in the winter only?

Nov. 30, 2014, 10:16 a.m.

one of the guys i ride with had Reverb issues yesterday as well , his Pike was acting up as well , the dropper was stuck in the down position and his fork was not getting full travel , i know in the real cold weather my Shimano brakes get stiff with the mineral oil .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 1, 2014, 9:03 a.m.

Dave from http://www.bicyclehub.ca/ does great RS servicing here in NV. I don't think cold weather plays nice with air suspension.

:canada:

Dec. 1, 2014, 9:10 a.m.

For a Reverb service Shawn may be your best bet. http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=145176

http://www.fluid-function.com/

http://www.bicyclehub.ca/suspension-love/

Dec. 1, 2014, 1:10 p.m.

Sorry for derailing, but I've had 0 (in words: zero) maintenance on my KS LEV over the last 2 season and it works like on day one. Maybe luck, but a friend who bought another one roughly around the same time has a similar experience.

Dec. 1, 2014, 1:27 p.m.

Sorry for derailing, but I've had 0 (in words: zero) maintenance on my KS LEV over the last 2 season and it works like on day one. Maybe luck, but a friend who bought another one roughly around the same time has a similar experience.

Me three. Well I did have to get the cable adjusted twice in two years, so not entirely maintenance free.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Dec. 1, 2014, 1:30 p.m.

I don't think cold weather plays nice with air suspension.

I always thought it was more the oil thickening up. The air spring in theory should lose a few psi but according to PV=nRT it shouldn't be a drastic change, just a few % of psi.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 1, 2014, 1:46 p.m.

I always thought it was more the oil thickening up. The air spring in theory should lose a few psi but according to PV=nRT it shouldn't be a drastic change, just a few % of psi.

maybe it does something with the seals… buddies Lyrik sh*t the bed as well yesterday.

:canada: