Dropper post choice

Feb. 3, 2015, 11:16 a.m.

You know that Want To Bang The Head Into A Wall feeling?

While setting up my high-tech indoor training facility (old road bike on tacx in the living room) I checked the spokes and rims on all my bikes and found out that my rear wheel of my go-to bike had two torn spokes - so no dropper in the near future.

Get a bigger rim for the hardtail for more volume and less stress for next season (trails and bike parks with one bike).

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Feb. 3, 2015, 12:24 p.m.

fixed that for you. if durability and ease of serviceability are priorities, the gravity dropper is the clear winner

i tried out biggles (rip) hack mod of using a fox dos remote for his gd. remote feels nice, and the action is as light as a fart

So I have heard but that saddle clamp puts a hurt on my eyes. Similar to the old Syncros which a broke a few of.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Feb. 3, 2015, 12:27 p.m.

So I have heard but that saddle clamp puts a hurt on my eyes. Similar to the old Syncros which a broke a few of.

me too

but my gravity droppers have been bomber in that respect, too

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Feb. 14, 2015, 8:32 p.m.

KS LEV service? Where? Can any LBS forward to the appropriate (NORCO?) service centre or do i need to go to a specific shop? - bought it in Burnaby at a kinetik cycles just over a year ago but its a pain to get out there… might have to though if i cant find the receipt.

Problem is that the piston wont lock out so that when you sit on the post it will drop ~3cm . air pressure good. something to do with the piston internals i think.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Feb. 14, 2015, 9:12 p.m.

Unless they've changed their game, I would avoid sending anything for service through Norco. (To be clear nothing to do with their bikes) I sent my Reverb in for service through the local Norco service depot, and they took 6 months just to botch it completely. Then they took 3 more months to do a half-assed job that I had to get redone by a proper mechanic a few months later. All this and they had the nerve to charge through the nose for shipping. Never again. Absolutely the worst service I ever had. Better to find a local accessible tech that is good with seals and the finicky bits of these things, than to ship it away to some faceless schmo who has buckets of repairs and warranties that are processed like returned pop bottles.

Feb. 14, 2015, 9:32 p.m.

KS LEV service? Where? Can any LBS forward to the appropriate (NORCO?) service centre or do i need to go to a specific shop? - bought it in Burnaby at a kinetik cycles just over a year ago but its a pain to get out there… might have to though if i cant find the receipt.

Problem is that the piston wont lock out so that when you sit on the post it will drop ~3cm . air pressure good. something to do with the piston internals i think.

My Lev has been at Norco for a service for almost 5 weeks now. Got told that they are waiting on parts from the states. Hopefully it's back relatively soon! I'll update on quality of work when it returns.

Feb. 14, 2015, 10:59 p.m.

Does yours wiggle back and forth? Also, I can get a little movement yanking upwards on it. Is this normal?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 16, 2015, 1:08 p.m.

No wiggle in my Thomson…it's awesome! ;)