Dorado or boxxer?

March 1, 2011, 9:25 p.m.

im thinking ill go with the dorado then. Itll be my first time on an air fork so what are the main differences from coil in feel other than weight?

March 1, 2011, 9:27 p.m.

More tunable spring rate and more stiction

March 1, 2011, 10:02 p.m.

why would you think marzocchi will go the air way on a possible future shiver when they recently got rid of all their air forks and replacing them with ti coils?

I don't see Marzocchi staying away from Air forever, and unless they move the 888 out of any performance racing market(ing) a return of the Shiver would be redundant in coil. Not to mention an inverted coil Shiver would be too heavy to compete with other manufacturers.

Just a guess though.

iforonewelcome.com

March 1, 2011, 11:48 p.m.

Naz w/ Marzocchi in North Van. - Marzocchi

Zach w/ Trident in North Van. - Manitou

James w/ Suspensionwerx in North Van. - Fox and everything else

Norco in Coquitlam did Roch Shox, not sure if they are still doing it. But James will do a kick ass job aswell. James can also do Manitou better than the majority.

So don't let local service decide what fork you get, because they are all excellent.

March 2, 2011, 8:23 a.m.

im thinking ill go with the dorado then. Itll be my first time on an air fork so what are the main differences from coil in feel other than weight?

Good choice over the Boxxer!

The biggest difference for me was needing more compression damping to control the mid-stroke performance of the fork with an air spring. The damper in the Dorado is excellent, and I used a healthy helping of the TPC+ damper to keep the fork riding tall in it's travel. You'll also find the fork feels slightly harsher through small bumps as the air forks are almost always a little firmer in the first few inches of travel.

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

March 2, 2011, 11:23 a.m.

thats not even a fair comparison. dorado all the way.