Do you Enduro full-face

Oct. 9, 2020, 2:49 p.m.

I wore my IXS Xult full face yesterday on a two lap run of Fromme, by the third switch back of the first lap I was overheating already and hung it on my bars, for the second run, since I was already sweaty, I just left it on.  Not wearing a helmet on the fire road is a reasonably low risk of injury, I would have suffered in the heat had I been riding the climbing trail where the odds of tipping over are higher.

Oct. 10, 2020, 11:59 a.m.

Posted by: rnayel

I wore my IXS Xult full face yesterday on a two lap run of Fromme, by the third switch back of the first lap I was overheating already and hung it on my bars, for the second run, since I was already sweaty, I just left it on.  Not wearing a helmet on the fire road is a reasonably low risk of injury, I would have suffered in the heat had I been riding the climbing trail where the odds of tipping over are higher.

I don't even wear the half lid going up the climbing trail.

Oct. 10, 2020, 10:04 p.m.

Has any mtb helmet manufacturer ever done anything like this? Given the price of mtb helmets these days, you'd think they could figure out a hinged face guard.

Oct. 10, 2020, 10:40 p.m.

https://youtu.be/JW39_pXW3G4

Oct. 11, 2020, 6:55 a.m.

But is it mips?

Oct. 11, 2020, 10:21 a.m.

i've been committing to using my IXS trigger on every ride in the last few weeks and i'm used to it now. it's such a light and well fitting lid and easy to doff anytime i want to take a drink, etc.  the fidlock is the bomb and the back of the head dial is perfect for snugging it up before a descent. no wobble on fast chundery trails. love it.

Oct. 11, 2020, 7:09 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

i've been committing to using my IXS trigger on every ride in the last few weeks and i'm used to it now. it's such a light and well fitting lid and easy to doff anytime i want to take a drink, etc.  the fidlock is the bomb and the back of the head dial is perfect for snugging it up before a descent. no wobble on fast chundery trails. love it.

I feel the same way about my TLD stage, although I usually take it off for fire road climbs like fromme or Burke. No problem drinking with it on. I absolutely love it on the way back down. Lots of air flow and no excess movement. IXS sounds like a great option for a light weight FF too.

Oct. 22, 2020, 10:22 a.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

my boss who does not like wearing a helmet while riding her bike to work has that one, or a smiliar one. Looks weird having a sort of collar around your neck.