Do you Enduro full-face

Oct. 10, 2020, 11:59 a.m.

Posted by: rnayel

I wore my IXS Xult full face yesterday on a two lap run of Fromme, by the third switch back of the first lap I was overheating already and hung it on my bars, for the second run, since I was already sweaty, I just left it on.  Not wearing a helmet on the fire road is a reasonably low risk of injury, I would have suffered in the heat had I been riding the climbing trail where the odds of tipping over are higher.

I don't even wear the half lid going up the climbing trail.

Oct. 10, 2020, 10:04 p.m.

Has any mtb helmet manufacturer ever done anything like this? Given the price of mtb helmets these days, you'd think they could figure out a hinged face guard.

Oct. 10, 2020, 10:40 p.m.

https://youtu.be/JW39_pXW3G4

Oct. 11, 2020, 6:55 a.m.

But is it mips?

Oct. 11, 2020, 7:09 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

i've been committing to using my IXS trigger on every ride in the last few weeks and i'm used to it now. it's such a light and well fitting lid and easy to doff anytime i want to take a drink, etc.  the fidlock is the bomb and the back of the head dial is perfect for snugging it up before a descent. no wobble on fast chundery trails. love it.

I feel the same way about my TLD stage, although I usually take it off for fire road climbs like fromme or Burke. No problem drinking with it on. I absolutely love it on the way back down. Lots of air flow and no excess movement. IXS sounds like a great option for a light weight FF too.

Oct. 22, 2020, 10:22 a.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

my boss who does not like wearing a helmet while riding her bike to work has that one, or a smiliar one. Looks weird having a sort of collar around your neck.

Nov. 27, 2020, 5:59 p.m.

Full Face for years now. Just ordered a new one with my new bike. Got a new pair of shoes as well. Too bad it,s 6 mths till I can ride again. At least locally , snow has been on the ground a month now. Plus my new bike is not expected till January.

New helmet is the 100% Trajecta. Previous helmets both version of the URGE Arci-Enduro.

Nov. 30, 2020, 8:56 a.m.

Posted by: skooks

Posted by: JBV

i've been committing to using my IXS trigger on every ride in the last few weeks and i'm used to it now. it's such a light and well fitting lid and easy to doff anytime i want to take a drink, etc.  the fidlock is the bomb and the back of the head dial is perfect for snugging it up before a descent. no wobble on fast chundery trails. love it.

I feel the same way about my TLD stage, although I usually take it off for fire road climbs like fromme or Burke. No problem drinking with it on. I absolutely love it on the way back down. Lots of air flow and no excess movement. IXS sounds like a great option for a light weight FF too.

I've been wearing my IXS FF for climbing and descending. So far so good. Might be on the warm side in summer but right now I'm fine keeping it on for the whole ride. It feels like less of a fishbowl than a traditional full face - I can hear pretty well, it still feels like I'm a part of the surroundings.