Do you buy from CRC?

July 14, 2017, 10:14 a.m.

Posted by: rasheed

Posted by: Endur-Bro

Ordered a frame manufactured in the EU.  Picked it up today with GST, PST and Duties all added on.  Fuck CBSA.

Ordered some offset bushings as well for more fun times.

Currently waiting on an order from Bike-Discount; dropper post, grips, some tools and carbon grease. Tracking says it's with CBSA now for review. Hope they don't rape me with extra charges. Should find out in a few days when it gets here.

The more you hope you don't get the Zed and Gimp gag-ball treatment, the more likely you are going to get the Zed and Gimp gag-ball treatment. 

Sadly.

July 19, 2017, 10:19 p.m.

So, who does Maxxis mail order Canada. Tried to order new 2.6 Forekaster from Art's but they can't export?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

July 20, 2017, 4:37 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

So, who does Maxxis mail order Canada. Tried to order new 2.6 Forekaster from Art's but they can't export?

Only time I've ordered Maxxis tires online, I bought from AVT.bike (http://www.avt.bike/WebStore/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&;Category_Code=MAXXIS-TIRES). That was several years ago, though. Prices were pretty decent and from what I remember, shipping time wasn't too bad either. Selection isn't all that great though; just checking, they don't seem to have much of the new Maxxis offerings on their site.

Last edited by: rasheed on July 20, 2017, 4:38 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 20, 2017, 8:24 a.m.

Is it just Art's that wont allow export?  I was just browsing Jenson and Universal, and they didnt have any warnings about not being able to ship Maxxis internationally.  I didnt go all the way to the end of the checkout process however.

July 20, 2017, 10:19 a.m.

I bought Minions from CRC just a year ago, no problems.

July 20, 2017, 11:20 a.m.

I have an order on the way from bike24.de with some Maxxis DH tires, really cheap, but you have to pay 20EUR shipping (same with bike-discount.de). CRC has had horrible stock of Minions this year for some reason.

July 20, 2017, 11:48 a.m.

Amazon.com ships Maxxis as well, choose the "ship to Canada" box on the left to filter your search results.  TBS in Kelowna also has some Maxxis online.

July 20, 2017, 1:03 p.m.

TBS/CRC/bike24.de don't have the 2.6's and yeah got most of the way through the check-out when the site kept kicking me back until I finally saw that ship-to-Cda. not allowed......I'll try those other guys. Thanks.

Holy fuck. Universal bleed me of several litre of blood to ship them. [facepalm]Shoulda' checked Jensen.[/facepalm] Desperation....

Last edited by: tungsten on July 20, 2017, 1:36 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 20, 2017, 2:05 p.m.

Competitive Cyclist also has them and looks like they ship to Canada.  Shipping is $28, and they seem a bit pricer on there.  Im assuming you arent in the Lower Mainland and that hopping across the border to pick them up is a no go?

July 20, 2017, 8:58 p.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

Competitive Cyclist also has them and looks like they ship to Canada. Shipping is $28, and they seem a bit pricer on there. Im assuming you arent in the Lower Mainland and that hopping across the border to pick them up is a no go?

Seriously? One stop shopping for gaz, milk and 2.6 Maxxis in little 'ol Blaine?! Whoo-hoo.....

Man, 28 clams is a bargain compared with the ordeal of the border hopping (where again?) duty ducking white knuckled careening drive to the land of Trump back.

Thanks (seriously) for the heads up though, I'll ad CC/[url=http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/02/15/amazon-has-some-serious-antitrust-issues/]Amazon(maybe not)[/url] to my list of MO providers.

The Forekasters ship on the 24th from Oregon I think. Wonder if they'll take 4 months like those offset bushing did. lol....shoulda' bought both tyres in gummy compound.

Last edited by: tungsten on July 20, 2017, 9:10 p.m., edited 3 times in total.
July 21, 2017, 4:36 p.m.

Ordered a Troy Lee A1 Reflex and some clear lens riding glasses a week ago today and I just received them this morning. Unreal. CRC never disappoints for me. If anyone is looking for a new all mountain lid CRC currently has the A1's on closeout for $100. When I ordered mine they had every colour available too. Oh, and shipping was free and I paid $0 taxes. Fist pump.

Last edited by: MikeO on July 21, 2017, 4:37 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 24, 2017, 10:56 a.m.

Bike24.de order showed up 9 days (7 business days) after ordering with the cheapest DHL/Canada Post shipping. Same deal as bike-discount.de: you pay Canada Post $10 handling fee + GST on items. 

Still feels strange how much cheaper it was to ship bicycle tires, Muc-off cleaner and brake pads half way around the world in a giant box versus buying locally.

July 24, 2017, 11:33 a.m.

The middle men (distributors) are one of the main factors that make our local prices much higher I believe.

July 25, 2017, 1:52 p.m.

So, I ordered my bushings exactly two months ago yesterday and nada. Which is surprising because my last order from offsetbushings.com arrived in a couple wks.

They e-mail me (on a Sat., wow!) and offer to re-ship but I hate to double them up if it's just Cda. Customs being dicks.

On neither order did I opt for tracking though suppose in future I should.

Should I wait or hit them up for replacement? I mean, do posties steal that kind of shit?

So, they re-sent my order June 1st, it arrived today fuck man at least I can ride this wknd...........oh yeah and kudos to those guys they were prepared to send me a third shipment.

Update...the product they shipped in April just arrived. lol.....

I was so worried after reading this. Ordered from Offset, outgoing stamp on July 10th, arrived to my place in under two weeks.

Aug. 1, 2017, 9:40 a.m.

Germans not shipping 5.10s to Canada should be a crime against cyclists.