Do you buy from CRC?

May 4, 2017, 9:08 p.m.

Posted by: CB-Spoolmak

Purchased $19.95 of tiny parts from CRC & went for the $9 postage, no tracking via Royal Mail/Canada Post. 3 weeks to the day from shipped & patiently waiting.... anyone else try this option?

Epilogue: At 4 weeks & a day I filled out a lost in the mail form. CRC reshipped my order for free w/a tracking # two days ago. Guess what showed up today in the mail, a day short of 5 weeks? I really wish CRC stayed w/their old shipping system/methods. On the bright side I can finish assembling my new bike & ride!

May 5, 2017, 10:44 a.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

There are a few stores that will still sell SRAM to Canada/US from Europe, but the list is shrinking.  Yes that means getting it locally or from the US.

Care to elaborate?

May 5, 2017, 5:06 p.m.

Purchased $19.95 of tiny parts from CRC & went for the $9 postage, no tracking via Royal Mail/Canada Post. 3 weeks to the day from shipped & patiently waiting.... anyone else try this option?

Epilogue: At 4 weeks & a day I filled out a lost in the mail form. CRC reshipped my order for free w/a tracking # two days ago. Guess what showed up today in the mail, a day short of 5 weeks? I really wish CRC stayed w/their old shipping system/methods. On the bright side I can finish assembling my new bike & ride!

Similar situation with me. I waited 5 weeks and then submitted the lost package form. New tracked shipment sent out right away and is on the way.  My last order arrived quickly but was missing some items.  I have shopped CRC for many years and have always been very happy with their speed and service . Looks like quality is slipping a bit.

May 27, 2017, 1:36 p.m.

So, I ordered my bushings exactly two months ago yesterday and nada. Which is surprising because my last order from offsetbushings.com arrived in a couple wks.

They e-mail me (on a Sat., wow!) and offer to re-ship but I hate to double them up if it's just Cda. Customs being dicks.

On neither order did I opt for tracking though suppose in future I should.

Should I wait or hit them up for replacement? I mean, do posties steal that kind of shit?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 5, 2017, 8:48 p.m.

I am never ordering from CRC again. I remember ordering a pair of shoes from them that were around $110. When they came across the border I was hit with a $60 duty charge. It caught me totally off guard and I haven't ordered from them since. I would rather spend that extra dough at my local bike shop than online.

June 5, 2017, 9:02 p.m.

Clothes = duty, almost 100% of the time. Then there are taxes. Then brokerage charges if you didn't ship CanPost.

On a completely separate note, I came across this op-ed piece that fills in a lot of the grey area on why sometimes I get charged and not charged by customs..

You'll gain knowledge with this one little trick...

Last edited by: ReductiMat on June 5, 2017, 10:16 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 5, 2017, 9:49 p.m.

Posted by: JPostuk

I am never ordering from CRC again. I remember ordering a pair of shoes from them that were around $110. When they came across the border I was hit with a $60 duty charge. It caught me totally off guard and I haven't ordered from them since. I would rather spend that extra dough at my local bike shop than online.

I dont think you should blame CRC for your lack of understanding on importing goods.  CRC didnt charge you the duty, Canadian customs did.  As stated above, pretty much all clothing will be hit with duty as it is a dutiable item.  Bike parts are not dutiable.  Both are taxable, with PST/GST on clothing and GST only on bike parts.

June 6, 2017, 8:18 a.m.

Made two recent orders. One from Bike-Discount on May 27th and one from JensonUSA, May 31st. As expected, the Jenson order arrived before the B-D order, but not by much. Jenson order arrived yesterday and is waiting to get picked up at the local UPS store. Checked the tracking on the B-D order and my package was handed over to CBSA in Montreal this morning for customs review. Hopefully, they're not dicks and hold it for too long. Not too bad for shipping times.

June 6, 2017, 12:46 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

So, I ordered my bushings exactly two months ago yesterday and nada. Which is surprising because my last order from offsetbushings.com arrived in a couple wks.

They e-mail me (on a Sat., wow!) and offer to re-ship but I hate to double them up if it's just Cda. Customs being dicks.

On neither order did I opt for tracking though suppose in future I should.

Should I wait or hit them up for replacement? I mean, do posties steal that kind of shit?

So now I see on the blues is that there's a large backlog of online orders from China re: fentanyl issue maybe this is impacting processing times overall.

June 6, 2017, 1:15 p.m.

I ordered $77 from CRC to hit free shipping. No tax/fees, took just under 2 weeks to arrive via untracked shipping

June 6, 2017, 4 p.m.

Posted by: UFO

I ordered $77 from CRC to hit free shipping. No tax/fees, took just under 2 weeks to arrive via untracked shipping

ordered some CX tires and a stem for my roadie on Thursday from CRC, delivered to the office on Monday...no duty or extra fees, came canada post.

June 6, 2017, 8:20 p.m.

So tyres duty free then? Thinking of buying off maxxis site having them ship to my sis in Calif. then having her forward since Maxxis don't ship out of USD./

Last edited by: tungsten on June 6, 2017, 8:22 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 6, 2017, 8:36 p.m.

Duty only on clothes.

Brokerage and taxes sometimes.

Tracked shipping from CRC = ALWAYS paying taxes and inflated brokerage.

Untracked shipping from CRC = hand off to Can Post and at worst you pay $10 + tax and sometimes nothing.

June 6, 2017, 9:50 p.m.

I'm glad we're still repeating the same info for the past 30 some odd pages.

June 7, 2017, 10:40 p.m.

Just put in an order and specified untracked Canada post as usual. 

One item was out of stock. They offered to change it to another. Great! 

Then it got split into two shipments and it looks like the main one was shipped DHL because they sent me a tracking number that is DHL. 

WTF