Do you buy from CRC?

Oct. 4, 2016, 4:33 p.m.

b-d.de order for some rotors, Marsh Guard and a few other things was 12 days from ordering (on a Sunday) to Canada Post delivery, including weekends.

Paid $0 in tax on this one, order value was about $150CAD.

Oct. 4, 2016, 5:59 p.m.

finally got my pedals. dang that xtr boxing is a guilty pleasure eh. bling n sparkle. what do i do with the box now, put jewelry or bullion in it? i'm sure my bike just got faster on the climbs with those pedals.

now only if my works components headset would arrive, it's now been somewhere in our great big country for 4 whole weeks. fist size package floating around in some CP terminal somwhere awaiting it's fate….

Oct. 4, 2016, 9:54 p.m.

finally got my pedals. dang that xtr boxing is a guilty pleasure eh. bling n sparkle. what do i do with the box now, put jewelry or bullion in it? i'm sure my bike just got faster on the climbs with those pedals.

now only if my works components headset would arrive, it's now been somewhere in our great big country for 4 whole weeks. fist size package floating around in some CP terminal somwhere awaiting it's fate….

Did Zed and The Gimp gift wrap it for ya or was it a clean delivery?

"I'm addicted to surfing."

Oct. 5, 2016, 12:08 a.m.

clean delivery thank dog.

Oct. 5, 2016, 9:46 p.m.

clean delivery thank dog.

Smooth. Nicely done.

"I'm addicted to surfing."

Nov. 18, 2016, 11:19 p.m.

Been tagged twice in a row using a bikes-discount order ($20 order on around $130US)…which dips the order in the favor of CRC if I were to go back and do it again.

In general, CRC vs bikes-discount, does anyone have any insight on how brokerage/GST could vary company to company?

Nov. 19, 2016, 6:53 a.m.

Been tagged twice in a row using a bikes-discount order ($20 order on around $130US)…which dips the order in the favor of CRC if I were to go back and do it again.

In general, CRC vs bikes-discount, does anyone have any insight on how brokerage/GST could vary company to company?

I ALWAYS factor paying those costs into my decision making and consider it a bonus if I don't get dinged. B-D.de has always meant paying but deliveries are consistently faster. Not sure why some methods of shipping seem to get through the cracks via CRC but others never do even if both show up delivered by Canada Post.

Nov. 19, 2016, 7:39 a.m.

Up to customs, not the company. I've had just as many 'free' b-d.de orders as CRC fwiw.

Nov. 19, 2016, 5:42 p.m.

Gaaaaa. I screwed up my last order. DHL was selected automatically as free and tracked. I get a notice that the parcel is coming between 11AM and 9PM on Monday. Delivered by Loomis at 10:53 according to tracking and I was not yet home from my dog walk. My fault I should have been home. Anyway the tag on the door says a sig and money is required. No indication when the next attempt would be. The days of the week boxes were all blank. Anyway online tracking says buddy came around 8:30 AM next day but no one was home. I was in my living room or taking a crap. No door bell was rung and the dogs didn't bark. Fuck. Call them up and am told they would try again. Wife took a call Thursday promising delivery Friday between 9 and 5. We are home all day. No show. I have half a mind to refuse delivery and let them send it back to Ireland. They want $20.74 on a $104 dollar item. Should only be GST. What is the rest? Brokerage?

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Nov. 19, 2016, 6:40 p.m.

Well, it could have been worse. If you get dinged, even if you bought something for $0.05 and shipped via CanPost you'd still pay $10 for the ROD Fee (brokerage).

So you're only out of pocket $5.

Nov. 23, 2016, 6:18 p.m.

So I called Loomis/DHL again on Friday and they again promise a delivery on Monday. Came this morning just before I left the house. Went for a ride in the slush to test out the new bars. It's all good now.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Dec. 23, 2016, 1:36 p.m.

So I got me some new Shimano shoes from CRC in July.

End of August the buckle started ripping off.

Warranty claim is in - so we will see how this goes.

How did the warranty go as I've got my eye on a pair of shoes there?

What was the duty % you had to pay on the shoes?

Cheers,

Jan. 11, 2017, 8:55 a.m.

I've got a few items coming from europe.. both seem majorly delayed, possibly stuck in customs.

Anybody have similar issues?

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Jan. 11, 2017, 8:59 a.m.

How many days? I've had CRC orders take a full month.

Jan. 11, 2017, 9:23 a.m.

first one was shipped nov 16, arrived in canada (customs?) dec17.

second one shipped dec 9. tracking says

International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov