Do you buy from CRC?

Aug. 13, 2016, 10:24 a.m.

Placed an order for some pedals and a torque wrench and it shipped on July 29th. I received it yesterday, exactly 10 business days later, which is the longest it's ever taken for me to receive a package from them. I also paid $15.35 on arrival which basically was what it would have cost to ship. Either way I still saved money and I'm happy.

Last week I ordered 3 different pairs of Troy Lee Skyline shorts for $65 each. The cheapest I've seen them for locally was $120. We'll see if I'll owe anything on arrival. Impossible to shop locally with savings like that.

Aug. 13, 2016, 3:40 p.m.

Placed an order for some pedals and a torque wrench and it shipped on July 29th. I received it yesterday, exactly 10 business days later, which is the longest it's ever taken for me to receive a package from them. I also paid $15.35 on arrival which basically was what it would have cost to ship. Either way I still saved money and I'm happy.

Last week I ordered 3 different pairs of Troy Lee Skyline shorts for $65 each. The cheapest I've seen them for locally was $120. We'll see if I'll owe anything on arrival. Impossible to shop locally with savings like that.

Usually 10 days for me over the years and on average.

I saw those skyline shorts. Didn't they say something about them being super snug fitting around the quad or something??

Glad the $15.35 didn't sting.

Hey wasn't there supposed to be a postal strike or something?

"I'm addicted to surfing."

Aug. 13, 2016, 4:40 p.m.

I bought a pair of Skyline shorts locally and love them. Durable, comfortable, look great. I don't find them to fit tight anywhere but I'm tall and lanky.

The deals at CRC are too good to turn down. I'm likely going to snag a D3 next.

Aug. 13, 2016, 6:03 p.m.

I saw those skyline shorts. Didn't they say something about them being super snug fitting around the quad or something??

Likely shoulda read Enduro/race fit rather than sloppy-jaloppy PJ (Freeride) fit.
Check out Keene and Graves pre-Specialized/yeti kit.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 13, 2016, 6:28 p.m.

Likely shoulda read Enduro/race fit rather than sloppy-jaloppy PJ (Freeride) fit.
Check out Keene and Graves pre-Specialized/yeti kit.

I ended up with some "One Industries" pairs of shorts - can't recall the model - but they seemed banger and had some kinda of 4.5/5 star rating. 50% off and they seemed fine. Should know this week once the package arrives…

Hard to believe but I'm still wearing 15 or 20 year old Zoics from MEC that are still 100% operational and in great shape. Sure, might not be all the rage fashion wise, but c'mon, 20 years man, that's quality.

Aug. 13, 2016, 6:34 p.m.

Seems to me you've done this before; but just in case - I usually get the "dispatched" email from CRC and then within 24 hours I get the tracking intel if indeed there is any tracking intel to get.

Breathe deep… All good things, all good things :idea:

this is my first order ds.. i was really wanting to track this across th pond and such…

Aug. 13, 2016, 6:37 p.m.

I'm hoping to crush the fuk outta my strava when these wheels show up…or else its like 5 hun what the fuk?

Aug. 13, 2016, 7:28 p.m.

I ended up with some "One Industries" pairs of shorts - can't recall the model - but they seemed banger and had some kinda of 4.5/5 star rating. 50% off and they seemed fine. Should know this week once the package arrives…

Hard to believe but I'm still wearing 15 or 20 year old Zoics from MEC that are still 100% operational and in great shape. Sure, might not be all the rage fashion wise, but c'mon, 20 years man, that's quality.

Still wearing a Zoic jersey from 1994-ish. Rather spend money on bikes and parts than clothes - obviously!

Aug. 13, 2016, 9:14 p.m.

I'm hoping to crush the fuk outta my strava when these wheels show up…or else its like 5 hun what the fuk?

I see what you did there :idea:

this is my first order ds.. i was really wanting to track this across th pond and such…

Well, I think as a seasoned CRC whore, I'd have to say the payoff in not getting bent over the barrel Zed style with a tax-tasting gag-ball securely fastened to your jammer is penance enough to "not be able to watch it get tracked".

Always always always go with the free shipping, no tracking. WAY better chances at not getting sore knees upon its receipt.

Just saying.
I'm with ya man.

Still searching for that "strava trail" too… Bitch to find :rave:

Aug. 13, 2016, 9:23 p.m.

this what I'm saying i paid the $25 bux..

bent over the barrel zed style? all want is some whls!

Aug. 13, 2016, 9:25 p.m.

Still wearing a Zoic jersey from 1994-ish. Rather spend money on bikes and parts than clothes - obviously!

Rep worthy. 'Core… Keepin' it real. Ride more, bitch less.
ZING on the rep-o-meter!!

Aug. 13, 2016, 9:36 p.m.

this what I'm saying i paid the $25 bux..

bent over the barrel zed style? all want is some whls!

If you paid the fee, then email the dudes (CRC) citing your order number and they'll be all over it like a fat kid on a Smartie. Their customer service kicks ass. They'll get back to you ASAP. Do it tonight - they'll be opening up service centre in a couple hours as I believe it's 24/7 and they're located in Belfast.

The whole bend-n-Zed (Pulp Fiction, Gimp, you know, that whole "chestnut") is whenever expensive stuff comes from CRC with tracking and therefore "courier", the "couriers" slap handling fees on the item shipped and it's guaranteed to go through customs. And customs people are tax and duties people. And tax and duties people are like Zed (see above).

Aug. 13, 2016, 11:05 p.m.

Holy eff this thread should be over and done with. Pages ago.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 13, 2016, 11:13 p.m.

Got hit with ~$35 for gst including the $10 handling fee from Canada Post for my 105 group at around $430. Shipping took about 14 days. Order was from probikekit though, free tracked shipping through Royal/Canada Post

Aug. 14, 2016, 4:32 a.m.

Had a Bike-Discount order come in, paid $79 before the canadapost worker would hand it over