Do you buy from CRC?

July 21, 2016, 9:21 a.m.

Just received 4 pairs of Nukeproof Magura pad for 10 bucks a pair. 25% of what the Magura pads cost here. Came thru regular post no prob. They have a decent review so see how they work out.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

July 22, 2016, 8:19 a.m.

Just received 4 pairs of Nukeproof Magura pad for 10 bucks a pair. 25% of what the Magura pads cost here. Came thru regular post no prob. They have a decent review so see how they work out.

Let us know how they work out. I was looking at Nukeproof pads for my Guides. They're cheap.

July 22, 2016, 12:18 p.m.

Let us know how they work out. I was looking at Nukeproof pads for my Guides. They're cheap.

The nukeproof metallics worked great when I had my Hayes Prime pro's. Those brakes were damn good actually.

July 22, 2016, 2:45 p.m.

Ordered tires from CRC and got my shipping confirmation today. I'm 99.99% sure I selected the free, untracked, postal shipping, but the notification says the carrier is Parcelforce, which appears to be Royal Mail's version of Purolator. Anyone know if they hand off to Canada Post, or will it come Purolator?

July 22, 2016, 3:20 p.m.

Ordered tires from CRC and got my shipping confirmation today. I'm 99.99% sure I selected the free, untracked, postal shipping, but the notification says the carrier is Parcelforce, which appears to be Royal Mail's version of Purolator. Anyone know if they hand off to Canada Post, or will it come Purolator?

It will come Canada Post in my experience.

July 24, 2016, 2:36 p.m.

I've done two orders the same way. Set it to the cheapest free option for shipping and both sent by Parcel force.

One that I set as the same method got sent untracked. Don't understand how that works with CRC.

It will come Canada Post in my experience.

Same experience for me.

July 24, 2016, 2:47 p.m.

6 canada post deliveries- 6 no extra duty.
Did the express one time, got dinged.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

July 24, 2016, 3:54 p.m.

6 canada post deliveries- 6 no extra duty.
Did the express one time, got dinged.

Great news - this is CRC we're talking right?? Just putting together another order and will be pulling the trigger tonight/tomorrow on the payment. Will go the Canada Post route and will see how things fly.

I'll keep y'all updated :fro:

"I'm addicted to surfing."

July 25, 2016, 7:05 p.m.

Got an order coming from CRC and Bike-Discount. Pulled the trigger on CRC two days before BD, but it looks like BD might have my package in my hot little hands a good deal ahead of CRC..

July 25, 2016, 7:30 p.m.

What about the lbs?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 25, 2016, 8:43 p.m.

What about the lbs?

I've got a couple. They know when I walk in I'm cash able. I get what I can and they give me the deals and merchandise they can… There've been several times where they've said "we can do this on that item, but man, we can't compete with CRC, so hit them for that thing (or two) and we'll cover the rest….".

It is what it is - I try to always always always give my coin to the local cats. But sometimes they simply can't compete with the mass economies of scale that CRC offers; and hell, they even get stuff from them (but rarely mention this to the public). The following items have been purchased by some of my LBSs from CRC and resold on the floors or under the glass at the counters:
- brake pads
- clothing
- parts, cables, levers, gruppos
- TLD (for some reason specifically TLD) helmets of the higher ilk (FF CF DH, style buckets)

It's business. I do my part. But I like your attitude 100% and would love to keep my coin local. I really would.

July 25, 2016, 9:45 p.m.

Sorry Sanchez. You must be bonking. I was being a lil sarcastic :p

Saying that I ordered a USWE Airbourne 15 pack from the LBS at CRC pricing.
Other times when I need consumables (pads, fluid, tires, tubes) I order online.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 25, 2016, 10:12 p.m.

Sorry Sanchez. You must be bonking. I was being a lil sarcastic :p

Saying that I ordered a USWE Airbourne 15 pack from the LBS at CRC pricing.
Other times when I need consumables (pads, fluid, tires, tubes) I order online.

Bong-King :fro:

Never words in a bad way from you my Bro… never.

July 27, 2016, 10:10 p.m.

Ordered this evening - July 27th - "FREE SHIPPING" to Canada, no tracking.

Let's see.

July 29, 2016, 10:17 a.m.

It did come Canada Post. $9.95 handling fee plus GST. Might have dodged that if they hadn't used Parcelforce. Delivery was super quick though, it shipped last Thursday, here Friday morning, 6 business days.