Do you buy from CRC?

June 18, 2015, 7:01 p.m.

order status on my wheels has been processing for 2 weeks now. Im about to email them and cancel the order and get a refund. Ive already talked to them once and they said they were busier than normal and i should have them within a couple of days. This is the last thing i need for my build so im thinking of getting my money back and just going local

June 18, 2015, 9:24 p.m.

Usually I do CRC and they are pretty decent most of the time. Royal[HTML_REMOVED]Canada Post has the best record for not paying extra to receive a package.
Tried Wiggle twice, DHL both times. first time charged $32 (they treat PST and GST as product/service and charge you PST and GST on that :???:) on $147 worth of bike parts and knee pads.
Second time they asked $40 (text and phone call) to deliver $90 worth bike parts and shoes . Went to DHL by YVR to pick up paperwork and brought to customs (500m away), cleared customs with total charge $4.90, had a chat with very helpful officer (who mentioned I'm not the first one to do this), brought stamped paperwork back to DHL and proudly hugged my package.
I understand they need to charge their service and Im glad to pay reasonable amount of money to save my time but that was far beyond tolerable.

June 18, 2015, 9:38 p.m.

order status on my wheels has been processing for 2 weeks now. Im about to email them and cancel the order and get a refund. Ive already talked to them once and they said they were busier than normal and i should have them within a couple of days. This is the last thing i need for my build so im thinking of getting my money back and just going local

Bicycle wheel warehouse, or bike hub store. The latter is great if you build your own wheels.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 18, 2015, 10:57 p.m.

Nice… I've never heard of bike hub store.

June 19, 2015, 10:04 a.m.

Bike hub store is excellent. As far as I can tell it's a one man show but he's always been really responsive and shipping is always fast.

June 19, 2015, 10:38 a.m.

i bought a bike rack from competitive cyclist in the US a few weeks ago. its the kind of purchase i would definitely have preferred to make locally, but 1) the rack wasn't in stock in canada and no one could tell me when they'd have one, 2) CC was offering 20% off and 3) they were (apparently) willing to ship via USPS

rack arrived in town less than a week later, but couldn't find its way to our doorstep because it had been shipped via UPS, and despite the fact that someone was home on every "attempt", (apparently) brown don't knock. on their third "try" though, my wife saw the truck parked outside of the house and ran out and signed for the rack… and paid the $90 COD bill that in true UPS style provided no details about what the $ was for

i was happy to have the rack but pissed that it had been sent with UPS, which is always a headache IME with extra fees and phantom delivery attempts. i contacted CC and they reimbursed me for the amount UPS charged me. thought that was pretty solid

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 19, 2015, 2:11 p.m.

^^ that is pretty solid

I bet CRC shipping will include brokerage charges soon, ala Jenson. I forwarded this thread to them and they said they are reviewing the Canada brokerage issue.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

June 20, 2015, 6:49 p.m.

Well I filled out the claim and they responded saying a new shipment went out.

Half hour later the mailman drops off the package. Go figure.

I emailed CRC and let them know. Will see what they do.

My original package that came late had zero charges. The DHL one had $25 for $100 worth of small parts CRC told me to just refuse the second shipment and it would get returned.

June 22, 2015, 11:41 a.m.

OK… all goods received.

Ordered on June 11 in two shipments. One was all bike parts, so I knew it would be non-duty. Second was a wheelset, so I did that as a separate order, as I assumed I would pay duty on it and thought it might take longer - often if they charge duty, they'll do it on the full order, so I kept the wheelset separate.

Parts shipped June 12 with Royal Post/Canada Post with full tracking (free shipping option). Wheels shipped June 13 with Royal Post/Canada Post with full tracking (oversize shipping of $9.99). Tracking was regularly updated en route. After 3 days, Royal Post tracking no longer valid, as it had transitioned to Canada Post. It appeared on Canada Post Tracking and was updated at least daily.

Bike parts arrived June 20 (8 days from shipping). Wheels arrived today (11 days from shipping). No fees or duties on either package. Stoked.

June 23, 2015, 10:32 a.m.

You have all been heard!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 23, 2015, 10:37 a.m.

You have all been heard!

Isn't DHL tracked?

June 23, 2015, 10:48 a.m.

Isn't DHL tracked?

I don't know man. I've been on the German shop game for so long I just open CRC emails for the lulz:fruit:

June 23, 2015, 10:50 a.m.

You have all been heard!

Yeah Im not sure this is the answer we are looking for. DHL is tracked, and we dont want DHL!

June 23, 2015, 11:09 a.m.

Yeah Im not sure this is the answer we are looking for. DHL is tracked, and we dont want DHL!

I don't know man. I've been on the German shop game for so long I just open CRC emails for the lulz:fruit:

Im pretty crc is cycle redundancy check in my books

June 23, 2015, 11:12 a.m.

Isn't DHL tracked?

Yes, but Royal Mail/Canada Post has not been in the past and it now is tracked as well. This is the preferred service.