Do you buy from CRC?

June 2, 2015, 10:05 a.m.

Sorry LBS guys - I get the reasons you cite, but if a shop can't have more than a single 26 inch tire in stock IN MAY - my reaction is that they don't want my business. As Flipside points out, there are plenty of non entry level 26 bikes out there (remember - you sold them to us).

As for waiting on shipping. My wife has a Prime account - I should have checked here first:
http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_6?url=search-alias%3Daps[HTML_REMOVED]field-keywords=maxxis%20tires[HTML_REMOVED]sprefix=maxxis%2Caps%2C269

Silly me for trying to support the LBS.

June 2, 2015, 10:23 a.m.

I think in these days the LBS has to compete where it can and leave out where it can't. Trust me, if they had a constant demand for 26" tires they'd be stocking them. Having stock sitting on the shelf until you blow it out at a loss doesn't do any good.

We can't have it both ways. In these days where online shopping has made the LBS change it's business model we can't complain that they aren't stocking everything in the catalogue.

June 2, 2015, 10:24 a.m.

lack of 26" rubber (already) is pretty surprising. i can understand the reluctance of shops to stock 3 skews of everything, but damn, there's a huge inventory of bikes out there that are still going to need support for years to come. sounds like a fairly aggressive phase out. i've long given up on lbs regardless; based on fiscal considerations more than anything else, though online services are so expeditious, it's more efficient to have product dropped on my porch within a few days that have to drive to a shop anyways.

random thread drift (as a possessor of children) - i wonder if the kid's bike progression will eventually hop from 24" to 650 - bypassing 26" (ie, start to offer tiny 13-14" 650 frame sizes). hmm.

June 2, 2015, 12:39 p.m.

It is sad that proper 26 tires and other parts (rims forks) are quickly becoming rare or harder to get. We can order it for you does not help when you slashed a tire open and flattened a rim. That is why I rid my house of 26 bikes and stuff. Gave away my last 26 tires to friends. Sold off the 26 bikes we had just because I foresaw the dearth of good 26 tires. That and I wanted a longer bike. We have 650 and 700 (29) bikes now. I love those bikes but it's not like the 26 bikes were crappy to ride. Oh well. Such is progress I suppose.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

June 2, 2015, 1:27 p.m.

It is sad that proper 26 tires and other parts (rims forks) are quickly becoming rare or harder to get.

You'll be kicking yourself when rave reviews of the "playful", "agile", "nimble", "tight-cornering magic" of the 26-ummm, I mean c559 tire, starts appearing in bike reviews in a few years.

June 2, 2015, 2:01 p.m.

You'll be kicking yourself when rave reviews of the "playful", "agile", "nimble", "tight-cornering magic" of the 26-ummm, I mean c559 tire, starts appearing in bike reviews in a few years.

"BMX-like playfulness and agility"

I bet the marketing departments are already working on the various sales pitch, next-level this, game-changer that, …

June 2, 2015, 3:20 p.m.

It is sad that proper 26 tires and other parts (rims forks) are quickly becoming rare or harder to get.

Good thing I have bins of those things!

June 2, 2015, 4:35 p.m.

Lol, I guess I just built a $2800 entry level pump track and dirt jump bike then. Would love to know how much a pro level set up goes for…

June 2, 2015, 4:58 p.m.

It's obvious the 650b wheel size is for beginner mountain-bikers. Easier for them to roll over obstacles as opposed to C559 which demands more skill but rewards you with the points you bring above.

Yes, I think the industry is ready for the introduction of C559.

June 2, 2015, 5:02 p.m.

Yes, I think the industry is ready for the introduction of C559.

The C559 will revolutionize the way we ride bikes. Mark my words. I think Mountain Bike Action has an article-in-draft commissioned by a major bike manufacturer already primed for the May 2017 issue. Its tentatively titled

C559 Mega Shootout - Your Next Move!

(there is some discussion in the editor's office about the font not being large enough).

June 3, 2015, 8:42 a.m.

Can someone confirm this? Do all their standard free shipping go through DHL?

I just finished an e-mail conversation with CRC. Confirmed DHL is the default (free) shipper now. The option (that you have to pay for) is FedEx. No more Royal Mail/Parcel Force. Apparently they believe that being able to track your package is worth more than the unknown/exorbitant brokerage fee that DHL is going to charge. No more CRC for me either I dont think. :(

June 3, 2015, 9:41 a.m.

I just finished an e-mail conversation with CRC. Confirmed DHL is the default (free) shipper now. The option (that you have to pay for) is FedEx. No more Royal Mail/Parcel Force. Apparently they believe that being able to track your package is worth more than the unknown/exorbitant brokerage fee that DHL is going to charge. No more CRC for me either I dont think. :(

That's not good news…

June 3, 2015, 10:07 a.m.

Here is my CRC statement from May 31, 2015. Its a C$105.47 order, free shipping:

Shipping Status: SHIPPED
Shipping Date: June 01, 2015
Shipping Method: Parcelforce
Carrier: Parcelforce
Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxx

It even has a tracking number which gives this from Parcelforce's website:

Parcel number: xxxxxxxxxx
Service: Global Priority Contract
Tracking status: In progress

Item tracking history Date Time Location Tracking event
3/6/2015 14:10 International Hub Forwarded for export
3/6/2015 0:18 International Hub Received and processed
2/6/2015 21:56 International Hub Received and processed
2/6/2015 12:55 National Hub Received and processed

June 3, 2015, 10:07 a.m.

Jumped on XT M8000 being in stock and I get a shipping notice for a chain.

:(

June 3, 2015, 10:47 a.m.

did it actually say in stock? they've had it listed on the site for over a month, always out of stock (that i've seen [except for the chain]). probably looking to hook pre order suckas

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave