Do you buy from CRC?

Sept. 8, 2014, 1:27 p.m.

My winter rubbers are on the way. Now let's see if I should have ordered lube with the rubbers when the customs folks are done. :rocker:

Sept. 8, 2014, 1:28 p.m.

Shogun I misread, read it as in customs still. I submitted an appeal form, haven't received anything back

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 8, 2014, 2:36 p.m.

CRC is slower than it used to be for sure. You might want to check Jenson. They're really clued in to the fact that Canadians don't want to shop online from the US because they all expect to be burned with shipping and duties. Jenson now has a program that boils all that down. The shipping is a bit more up front but no duties at the border and stuff typically arrives within just a few business days.

I've used jenson before when crc was out of center lock rotors and like everyone else said, showed up stat. But I already placed the order with crc, still in the processing phase. Was a decent sized order mind you; only have the frame fork wheels and brakes.

As for brokerages and duties, I still usually ship to pt Roberts and don't mind declaring it since its still well below anything available here.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Sept. 8, 2014, 5:46 p.m.

Lately I've been nailed for Duty, handling fees, GST and PST on CRC orders. Which never used to happen, and when it did sending in the claim would get the $ back in 3 or 4 weeks, not any more. So I'm not sure what happened, maybe I just buy too much from CRC and they don't like it.. my name has gotta be in the 'abuse' category.

Any way, Jenson is a good choice. Fast and there are no surprise fees but you will pay shipping and taxes.

Also check out TBS limited product, but awesome prices. they're in Canada so only one tax and free shipping over $95.

Sept. 9, 2014, 8:11 a.m.

I placed an order with CRC a week ago. I've been tracking it. My package is currently enjoying its fifth day at some hub in Boston.

Looks like my order from last week is there keeping yours company. My last one via Parcelforce took less than a week door-to-door - 48 hrs from the UK hub to Canada customs in Vancouver.

Sept. 9, 2014, 4:43 p.m.

Looks like my order from last week is there keeping yours company. My last one via Parcelforce took less than a week door-to-door - 48 hrs from the UK hub to Canada customs in Vancouver.

I'll hope for that as mine was dispatched late last night. Then all thats needed is the Teachers strike to end and the bike park will less busy. Gooooood.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Sept. 9, 2014, 5:55 p.m.

Ordered brakes for one bike from CRC a couple of months ago. Took over 2 weeks and got dinged for duty and tax. Ordered another set last Sunday from bike-discount, arrived yesterday with nothing to pay. Both times DHL was the shipping method.

Sept. 9, 2014, 7:26 p.m.

I made my last CRC order (rear derailleur and three pairs of gloves) Aug. 30. Dispatched Sept. 2 and arrived today. No duties or extra taxes :).

Sept. 9, 2014, 10:13 p.m.

Yep. New Haven rear wheel took less than a week. No extras.

Sept. 10, 2014, 7 p.m.

i'm awaiting a big order, 500 bucks worth. my wife likes her bike, should stay in the stable for a couple more years, so going to make it 1x10 and lighten it right up with new xt crankset and pedals. she better like it! i'm concerned about border taxes, but even more, i feel bad about bringing a box of parts to be put on by the LBS. i like a couple of shops, like the guys and respect them, but the price gap is just too huge. i've even called the shop and apologized before hand, feel like a tool.

Sept. 10, 2014, 7:43 p.m.

There should be no taxes. Just GST, and if you used Canada Post, $10 for handling.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 10, 2014, 8:30 p.m.

another +1 for jenson…that's all i use for mass purchases of stuff. i justify my non-lbs-ness by buying what i can on-hand from shops i frequent or while on vacation, like brake pads, lube, a tire if in stock, trail guide, shirt, etc. everything else comes from jenson as it comes quick, even in the sticks

Sept. 10, 2014, 8:49 p.m.

I placed an order with CRC a week ago. I've been tracking it. My package is currently enjoying its fifth day at some hub in Boston.

Someone must have lost their leg, climbing up the topsail, they lost their leg shipping out of Boston.

Lately I've been nailed for Duty, handling fees, GST and PST on CRC orders. Which never used to happen, and when it did sending in the claim would get the $ back in 3 or 4 weeks, not any more. So I'm not sure what happened, maybe I just buy too much from CRC and they don't like it.. my name has gotta be in the 'abuse' category.

What do you buy? Things like built wheels and full bikes are subject to import duty and PST. I suspect the bigger the package too, the more pleasure for CRA. Big ticket items are probably singled out as well. Or do they nail you on things like brake pads?

I read somewhere that if you buy a bike by mail order, to get it shipped without wheels. That way you don't get charged duty or PST (because it is not a complete bike), and the shipping cost for a bike without wheels is significantly lower. Not sure if anyone has tried this before.

Sept. 15, 2014, 4:47 p.m.

Just got the government cheddar in the mail today.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 16, 2014, 7:03 p.m.

correction on my order. $360 bill. just arrived today. 77 bucks in duties paid at the post office. dang…