Do you buy from CRC?

June 19, 2013, 5:42 p.m.

waiting on my shimano order as we speak, been 9 days so far. second order i placed a wekk later shouldnt be too far behind. i will only buy my shimano gear from them

June 19, 2013, 5:48 p.m.

CRC likely sells more Shimano goods than all Canadian LBS's combined.

Which begs the question, if CRC is better at distributing their product to Canadians, should Shimano Canada be scaled back to simple dealer support?

June 19, 2013, 6:43 p.m.

I think that's the problem. Shimano doesn't sell directly to CRC. My understanding is that CRC buys OEM equipment from bike manufacturers that have excess parts after a production run. I've seen parts come with OEM packaging (ie: plastic bag) or CRC's own packaging. It's how the pricing is so good.

I doubt this is true. But my lbs says the same.

CRC probably moves so much product for Shimano that they are able to go direct to Shimano and skip any middle men.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

June 19, 2013, 9:37 p.m.

why do you need to pay any fee to a parcel company? shouldn't that be done by paying crc the money in the first place?

June 19, 2013, 9:49 p.m.

why do you need to pay any fee to a parcel company? shouldn't that be done by paying crc the money in the first place?

The parcel companies feel the need to charge a customer 10x the amount to broker an item into this land of the free.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 19, 2013, 9:57 p.m.

i made a $1200 order in november and they charged 30+% duty on tires and none on everything else. the tires were also shipped separately. with the duty it's worth paying the extra $10 or so to buy tires locally. with shimano being duty free in my experience its worth buying from crc.

June 19, 2013, 10:05 p.m.

My experiences with Canada Post/Purolator and USPS have been pretty good. UPS are the worst that I have experienced. They have charged me import duty on a warranty return (store bought here in Canada and returned to US company) and to add insult to injury, charged me sales tax again (which I already paid on the original, defective item) in addition to import duty. They sent a collection agency after me, but gave up after a few tries. The agency were clowns. They were based out of Montreal and sounded like a Mafia front. They sent me a threatening letter that asked me to send my credit card information to them in the mail. What kind of legitimate company sends you a letter asking for your credit card information? They were a joke. Or at least they were, until I found a horse's head in my bed. I guess the joke was on them because I don't even own a horse. Weird.

June 19, 2013, 10:07 p.m.

i made a $1200 order in november and they charged 30+% duty on tires and none on everything else. the tires were also shipped separately. with the duty it's worth paying the extra $10 or so to buy tires locally. with shimano being duty free in my experience its worth buying from crc.

I just got tires from CRC and was charged nothing else.

June 19, 2013, 10:08 p.m.

^Sounds like the shit puppets I had after me

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 19, 2013, 10:12 p.m.

I just got tires from CRC and was charged nothing else.

Sounds like paying duty is a crap shoot then

June 19, 2013, 10:17 p.m.

I think loomis/ puralator/ canpar are on the ups gravy train now. I think ups started the crazy brokerage fees. hopefully wee see a resurgence in posties. better paying jobs for the little guy and more importantly cheaper parts for me:woot:

June 19, 2013, 10:44 p.m.

I doubt this is true. But my lbs says the same.

CRC probably moves so much product for Shimano that they are able to go direct to Shimano and skip any middle men.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I was told this by an employee of Shimano America. He was saying that Shimano are putting QR codes on their products, like cranks for example, so they can crack down on the practice. He was claiming that Shimano randomly buy Shimano products from CRC and scan the QRs. If the code was from a lot that was sold to a manufacturer as OEM stock that manufacturer would get their wrist slapped.

This could be the company line though. This was at a dealer launch, and he was sat at a table with a bunch of Canadian LBS guys. When CRC was brought up, everyone rounded on him pretty hard. I almost felt bad for him…

You can see the little QR code to the left of the 175 crank length measurement.

Ride, don't slide.

June 20, 2013, 4:29 a.m.

The parcel companies feel the need to charge a customer 10x the amount to broker an item into this land of the free.

i get that, but why can they do that? we have here a thing that all costs of a buy need to be known to the customer when he orders, that includes all shipping costs, how can they than differ?

June 20, 2013, 4:33 a.m.

I was told this by an employee of Shimano America. He was saying that Shimano are putting QR codes on their products, like cranks for example, so they can crack down on the practice. He was claiming that Shimano randomly buy Shimano products from CRC and scan the QRs. If the code was from a lot that was sold to a manufacturer as OEM stock that manufacturer would get their wrist slapped.

This could be the company line though. This was at a dealer launch, and he was sat at a table with a bunch of Canadian LBS guys. When CRC was brought up, everyone rounded on him pretty hard. I almost felt bad for him…

You can see the little QR code to the left of the 175 crank length measurement.

i don't think thats the reason, as the crc shimano prices are still expensive compaired to the german shimano prices. and the german online shops are way smaller than crc, yet they are cheaper.

June 20, 2013, 7:11 a.m.

Sounds like paying duty is a crap shoot then

yeah, I think it really is.

I've bought 2 pair of shoes on 2 different orders. One got charged a fee the other didn't. The one that got the fee was still 40% cheaper than anything I could find locally.