Do you buy from CRC?

June 8, 2015, 4:30 p.m.

bike discount says they ship with DHL - so are you guys paying brokerage?

Mine had no fees (full shimano drivetrain)

4 days from order to my door

June 8, 2015, 4:57 p.m.

For probably the 20th time now.

DHL is the German national postal carrier. The same as Canada Post is to Canada, and USPS is to the USA.
DHL is also a courier service (think when ordering from items from the UK) as Purolator is.

CBSA seems to be hit and miss, maybe it is a certain dollar amount before they charge applicable taxes and 9.95 handling fee

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 8, 2015, 7:07 p.m.

Just ordered from CRC yesterday, now I'm curious if I'm going to have to pay brokerage to DHL here in the U.S..

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

June 8, 2015, 9:04 p.m.

I just received my $230 order from crc and had to pay $36.56 to DHL. According to the receipt it was $21.60 gst $10.00 handling fee and $4.25 Cod fee. This was for standard shipping. This is the first time I have ever had to pay anything for a crc shipment. Is gst applicable on misc bike parts like chains, cassettes, tires, and brake pads? I have emailed crc asking if there is an option to not use DHL in the future. Will post the reply.

June 8, 2015, 9:20 p.m.

Is gst applicable on misc bike parts like chains, cassettes, tires, and brake pads?

Exempt supplies - List of GST/HST exempt supplies

June 8, 2015, 10:58 p.m.

Mine had no fees (full shimano drivetrain)

Lucky.

GST and handling fee of about $10 should be expected when delivery is from Canada Post.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 9, 2015, 8:30 a.m.

I just received my $230 order from crc and had to pay $36.56 to DHL. According to the receipt it was $21.60 gst $10.00 handling fee and $4.25 Cod fee. This was for standard shipping. This is the first time I have ever had to pay anything for a crc shipment. Is gst applicable on misc bike parts like chains, cassettes, tires, and brake pads? I have emailed crc asking if there is an option to not use DHL in the future. Will post the reply.

There is always GST on everything you buy that is bike related. It is PST that should not be applied to MOST things (clothing is not PST exempt for example).
Your numbers dont really add up. $21.60 isnt %5 of your order. Did you only have bike parts or were there other items (clothing/shoes/accesories)? The $10 handling fee is expected, and the $4.25 COD fee is something DHL apparently does. I recently asked CRC about not using DHL and this was the answer I got:

"Hi,
To improve customer experience we have recently stated moving to a fully tracked shipping service to ensure our customers receive their orders in a quick and reliable time frame.
Your order will be dispatched with DHL unless you choose fedex as the courier.

Unfortunately customs charges and fees for processing orders through customs our outside of our control. This is explained on our delivery page of our website here: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/staticcontent/postageInfoPage.jsp

We do appreciate you taking time to provide us with your feedback. Please be assured, we are listening closely to all feedback and we work hard on continual improvements to give you a really good shopping experience."

So it appears DHL or Fedex. The more people who email them to express their concerns the better if we want it to go back to Royal Mail/Parcel Force. I tried to explain to them that using DHL will more than likely cost the customer more on our end, and will also likely cost them customers when people look elsewhere for their online parts when they realize DHL is their shipper

June 9, 2015, 8:34 a.m.

I was pretty happy with not having to pay GST or handling fees, but a few 6-8 week shipping dates weren't great. Twice I set the "lost parcel" thing into play and CRC had to reship. I imagine that must have happened too often and cost them too much $$$.

I'm o.k. with a $10 fee and fair taxes to receive my goods in a few days compared to a few months.

June 9, 2015, 8:57 a.m.

I'm o.k. with a $10 fee and fair taxes to receive my goods in a few days compared to a few months.

But what about the above plus a random amount tacked on top of that? Cuz that's what CRC is now.

Looks like zee Germans will be winning the ReductiMat account going forward.

June 9, 2015, 9:55 a.m.

Your numbers dont really add up. $21.60 isnt %5 of your order. Did you only have bike parts or were there other items (clothing/shoes/accesories)? The $10 handling fee is expected, and the $4.25 COD fee is something DHL apparently does.

You are right, the $21.60 was a combination of GST and PST. I only ordered bike components so sounds like they should have been PST exempt.

Here is the BC Gov info regarding PST refunds.

http://www.sbr.gov.bc.ca/documents_library/bulletins/pst_400.pdf

You can claim a refund either from DHL or BC Gov ($10 min).

I sent an email to CRC and received exactly the same response that you did.

June 9, 2015, 11 a.m.

Less and less since I have learned that the company is indeed run by leprachauns.

Wrong. Always.

June 10, 2015, 5:04 p.m.

$120USD order put in on Sunday evening, showed up this afternoon with no extra fees. I think DHL is screwing Canadians like UPS does.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

June 10, 2015, 5:37 p.m.

I was charges $11.89 in PST for bike parts,plus the handling, COD and GST charges.i contacted DHL about the PST charges and they basically told me to contact Canada Customs and they had nothing to do with it.Pain in the arse for $12.

June 10, 2015, 5:49 p.m.

You can claim a refund either from DHL or BC Gov ($10 min).

Nope. Canada Border Services is the one that collects the PST and only they can refund it. See some of the earlier posts in this thread about filling out the forms and checking what bike components are PST exempt. You basically pay PST on whole bikes and built wheels. Most other bike parts are exempt from BC PST.

June 11, 2015, 9:06 a.m.

Has anyone received a shipment from CRC thru DHL and not had to pay handling fees,and how much was the order for.
cheers,
jon