Do you buy from CRC?

May 15, 2015, 4:35 p.m.

Replaced one I used for 50 or so days in WBP. Best seat I've ever used. No creaking, has held up better than anything else. Super easy to clean.

Nothing else comes close for my me.

Which shape? Radius?

Been waffling over the Scoop or the Line (due out soon)

May 15, 2015, 4:38 p.m.

Anyone order shoes from Germany or France? Duties extra charges?

Some big price difference on some brands, and access to those half sizes.

May 29, 2015, 10:46 a.m.

CRC now ships via DHL . DHL always have these ridiculous "brokerage" fee. No more CRC for me. Going to take my business to wiggles, bikediscount, or ribblecycles. Those 3 use couriers that hands off to Canada post.

May 29, 2015, 12:27 p.m.

CRC now ships via DHL . DHL always have these ridiculous "brokerage" fee. No more CRC for me. Going to take my business to wiggles, bikediscount, or ribblecycles. Those 3 use couriers that hands off to Canada post.

Can someone confirm this? Do all their standard free shipping go through DHL?

May 29, 2015, 12:34 p.m.

No standard shipping is Royal Mail/Canadapost

May 29, 2015, 12:52 p.m.

^^ sometimes they do you a favor and bump your shipment up to courier… which isn't a favor at all

of course, brokerage fees only apply to Canada cuz we're all suckers :(

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 29, 2015, 1:51 p.m.

They have stated in their email that their standard order is now DHL. All I ordered was a derailleur and they used DHL instead of royal mail. I've always got my previous orders, even large ones via royal mail/Canada post, this is the first time for DHL from CRC.

Wiggles also uses DHL for large combined orders, single orders are shipped via royal mail. Their order minimum is lower than CRC.

May 29, 2015, 2:01 p.m.

I've had no issue getting the DHL fees fixed. Just denied the order and disputed.

Of course it's a hassle but it is possible.

If this is true I'm afraid I'll be looking elsewhere from CRC

May 29, 2015, 2:24 p.m.

I think DHL from Europe is different than DHL from USA.

Bike-Discount ships DHL and hands over to Canada Post and there was no fees.

May 29, 2015, 2:36 p.m.

I've had no issue getting the DHL fees fixed. Just denied the order and disputed.

Of course it's a hassle but it is possible.

If this is true I'm afraid I'll be looking elsewhere from CRC

I did that with an order from Wiggles, they used DHL, I denied the order and was refunded, while I was doing that, I re-ordered using smaller batches instead (still free shipping), and wasn't charged anything via Canada Post.

Bike-Discount ships DHL and hands over to Canada Post and there was no fees.

That was my experience as well. DHL is Deutsche Post, the German national post, they hand off to national postal carriers if the orders is from Germany. Outside of Germany, DHL deals with its own corporate offices in their respective countries of arrival.

May 29, 2015, 2:38 p.m.

Ordered ZEE brakes on April 28
Shipped (DHL to Canada post) on April 29
Canada Post out to deliver May 7 (today)

Note that May 1 was a public holiday in Germany, so delivered to Vancouver in about a week. Will post if there's any surprise duty/customs charges.

Charged in Euros and saved about 23% all-in over CRC. Didn't ask LBS pricing as it's probably close to their cost or below.

So on those ZEE brakes I didn't have to pay anything at package pick-up (no duty) from Canada Post.

Last week I ordered a bunch of parts totalling $230CAD (bunch of brake pads, track pump, grips, jersey, socks etc) and had to pay duty (5% GST) and a $9.95 fee. Weird how it's random whether customs clues in and charges it since both orders from the same site were misc. bike parts.

I'll continue using them as long as they have such a big discount from CRC and other sites.

May 29, 2015, 5:50 p.m.

So on those ZEE brakes I didn't have to pay anything at package pick-up (no duty) from Canada Post.

Last week I ordered a bunch of parts totalling $230CAD (bunch of brake pads, track pump, grips, jersey, socks etc) and had to pay duty (5% GST) and a $9.95 fee. Weird how it's random whether customs clues in and charges it since both orders from the same site were misc. bike parts.

I'll continue using them as long as they have such a big discount from CRC and other sites.

probably the jersey and socks

they are considered clothing, not bike parts and seem to get charged a fee

May 29, 2015, 6:10 p.m.

$9.95 for handling and 5 percent GST is normal.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 30, 2015, 10 a.m.

anyone ever buy the custom wheelsets from them? Looking at doing the Hope Pro 2's with 823's and they seem like a good price

May 30, 2015, 12:31 p.m.

anyone ever buy the custom wheelsets from them? Looking at doing the Hope Pro 2's with 823's and they seem like a good price

I'm running a seven year old set of CRC custom hopes to 721s which is still going strong and is still true