Do you buy from CRC?

June 12, 2014, 8:29 p.m.

DHL from CRC?

Naw homes. DHL from the Federal Republic of germany. DHL from Rapha outta the UK though. Carbon hoops came outta China thru Canada Post. Can't recall what my frame guard shipped with outta the UK though

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 12, 2014, 9:16 p.m.

If so, never, EVER NEVER use the DHL shipping option.

Sure you get it five days quicker, but they assrape you worse than UPS ever does.

Thats also only if you're home to receive the package…

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

June 12, 2014, 9:32 p.m.

Don't know if it was luck or not, but DHL'd CRC stuff cost me dearly.

June 13, 2014, 6:40 a.m.

I just paid extra for DHL Express. Ordered Monday, told 3-4 day delivery. Not here yet and I just had to pay $40 duty on a $230 order. I've never been charged anything through Canada Post.

June 13, 2014, 7:06 a.m.

the 'free' (over $100) shipping always seems to land within a week or less for me. not worth paying for expedited, imo.

June 13, 2014, 7:21 a.m.

I just paid extra for DHL Express. Ordered Monday, told 3-4 day delivery. Not here yet and I just had to pay $40 duty on a $230 order. I've never been charged anything through Canada Post.

:lol: Pwned. Did ya get duty or taxes added on?

Also seems that customs is now adding on a duty fee similar as to if one left the country for only a few hours.

June 13, 2014, 1:19 p.m.

:lol: Pwned. Did ya get duty or taxes added on?

Also seems that customs is now adding on a duty fee similar as to if one left the country for only a few hours.

DHL told me duty, so I will be filing a claim to get it back.

June 13, 2014, 5:22 p.m.

Seems there is something going on between Canada Post and Customs.wouldn't be surprised if there are new fees after Canada Day.

One I was told was mailing out of Canada if you walk up to the counter they will charge $2 extra. Unless you do stuff online and print it up first then had it to them at Canada Post.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 13, 2014, 5:54 p.m.

DHL told me duty, so I will be filing a claim to get it back.

What does the slip say?

June 14, 2014, 1:32 a.m.

I just did a $500 order. Never had duty issues with CRC, and hope it doesn't start.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 14, 2014, 6:04 a.m.

To the original question…the answer has always been no.

But seeing as its taken over 6 very patient weeks for my goto lbs to get me a heavier spring for my fork, I think I will become a mail order customer.

So aside from CRC,who else is good?

Pastor of Muppets

June 14, 2014, 12:13 p.m.

Pricepoint
Jenson
Ribble

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 16, 2014, 9:12 p.m.

Jenson

Jenson has good prices, and guarantee you won't pay a cent more than the shipping and taxes quoted in your final bill. This is good, as no unpleasant charges like UPS "handling fees" or unexpected import duties. They are usually fast shipping from Cali to BC.

CRC tends to ignore all these charges, and stuff generally gets by through customs un-assessed. Jenson charges you duties and taxes by-the-book. CRC can also have good prices. Jenson also doesn't distinguish between different provincial tax jurisdictions and will charge you PST on PST-exempt-in-BC purchases. You can claim these back from Canada Border Services by filling out a form if you choose.

July 26, 2014, 4:39 p.m.

Anyone order from overseas in the last few weeks?

July 26, 2014, 4:54 p.m.

Anyone order from overseas in the last few weeks?

I had a small parcel from CRC last week (stem and post collar). Delivered as usual by Canada Post with no other fees. :)

"Constant rage: could people f*cking up all the time be to blame?" - The Onion