Do LBS's get mad when you bring in a fork you bought online...

July 14, 2010, 10:48 a.m.

I think you'll find that after paying the full hourly rate you'll end up paying the same "all in" price for the fork if you have just bought it at the shop or very close.

I buy from my LBS whenver possible and get exceptional service when I return. Often times they will comp me service or small parts.

July 14, 2010, 10:50 a.m.

I think you'll find that after paying the full hourly rate you'll end up paying the same "all in" price for the fork if you have just bought it at the shop or very close.

I buy from my LBS whenver possible and get exceptional service when I return. Often times they will comp me service or small parts.

Not if you don't get a bro deal. Buying a DH fork online vs at a shop can be a $1000 difference if you're talking the Boxxer WC, Fox 40 or 888 Ti EVO.

To buy a Fox VAN 36 here in Calgary will cost me $1800 where as online I can get one for a $1000 less and that's not even the priciest fork.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

July 14, 2010, 4:56 p.m.

We're swamped, and yes it'd have to join the queue but I thought the question was whether or not the shop would be asses about taking the business at all.

Are you swamped because you cant take the wheel off a fox fork?

July 14, 2010, 5:25 p.m.

Installing a rear fork is much trickier.

July 14, 2010, 5:41 p.m.

I guess it's a pretty simple concept after all.
8)

Thanks for your input. I'll probably just go talk to the guys at the LBS and get some quotes on a package deal (like wheels, fork, stem, handlebars). I'm sure they could cut me a deal that wouldn't be too far above what I'd end up paying if I bought the parts online and had them put them together. Plus there's karma and the back up service should anything go wrong with the fork.

not to mention all the wrong shit you order [HTML_REMOVED] have to return or can't return or the most important parts being out of stock

July 14, 2010, 7:26 p.m.

…to be installed on your bike? Do they, like, kick you in the nuts?

It's just…there are soooo many deals online. But I value my nuts.

who cares what they think! they are not entitled to get all of your business anyhow. obviously don't brag about getting it on-line though… taking it out of the box would also help. u don't have to kiss the stores ass with donuts but it would help your cause… you are paying them afterall.

when you fill up your car with gas/ go to the dentist/ doctor/ school/ get your taxes done/ get your car fixed, etc… do you bring them donuts too?

July 14, 2010, 8:58 p.m.

Are you swamped because you cant take the wheel off a fox fork?

You have a great / sad memory. I'm not dragging that car crash up again.

Oh, and congratulations on currently getting 1.6 out of 5 on this review site:

http://bcmountainbiking.com/category/bc-bike-shops/?sort=title[HTML_REMOVED]order=asc

Better get Kevin to start multiple voting from different PCs to bump up the score because it doesn't look like your customers are going to!

treezz
wow you are a ass

July 15, 2010, 10:25 a.m.

when you fill up your car with gas/ go to the dentist/ doctor/ school/ get your taxes done/ get your car fixed, etc… do you bring them donuts too?

No, but I don't get a tremendous rush of excitement when I enter the dentist/doctor/accountant/mechanic's. ;)

Wrong. Always.

July 15, 2010, 10:36 a.m.

Damn, I remember when that bike came out… wanted one sooo bad.

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

July 15, 2010, 8:07 p.m.

You have a great / sad memory. I'm not dragging that car crash up again.

Oh, and congratulations on currently getting 1.6 out of 5 on this review site:

http://bcmountainbiking.com/category/bc-bike-shops/?sort=title[HTML_REMOVED]order=asc

Better get Kevin to start multiple voting from different PCs to bump up the score because it doesn't look like your customers are going to!

I have no idea what this beef is about but I am psyched on it!

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

July 15, 2010, 8:11 p.m.

Yep, that's totally cool. But do you ask for the "good guy deal, bro" at the dentist or at school?

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

July 16, 2010, 1:12 p.m.

Yep, that's totally cool. But do you ask for the "good guy deal, bro" at the dentist or at school?

My dentist gives me the bro deal when I'm on general anesthetic.
:eek2:

Wrong. Always.