DMR Goes Full Suspension

Sept. 5, 2010, 1:57 p.m.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/dmr-bolt-prototype-eurobike-2010.html

Let the hate begin.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Sept. 5, 2010, 2:06 p.m.

Killswitch is cleaner, DOB has a better concentric pivot… Not sure why I'd buy one of these instead of one of those. Not saying it's bad, just not sure what they're doing to set it above the rest?

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

Sept. 5, 2010, 6:37 p.m.

You dislike it? Better buy one.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Sept. 5, 2010, 6:53 p.m.

Killswitch is cleaner, DOB has a better concentric pivot… Not sure why I'd buy one of these instead of one of those. Not saying it's bad, just not sure what they're doing to set it above the rest?

While I like the bikes you mentioned as well I would say it has more travel and you can use any crank whick you can't with the DOB which needs a 19mm BMX crank with a spanish BB.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Sept. 5, 2010, 7:41 p.m.

While I like the bikes you mentioned as well I would say it has more travel and you can use any crank whick you can't with the DOB which needs a 19mm BMX crank with a spanish BB.

spanish bb and bmx cranks are better anyway for this shit.

Sept. 5, 2010, 8:04 p.m.

Fair enough, more travel might be better for some… but I guarantee I (and most) don't go big enough to warrant it with this kind of bike. Plus, lots of travel + concentric pivot is kind of awful.

DOB's Spanish BB pivot is one of the most innovative ideas I've seen on a bike in years. I don't like their shock mounts and dropouts, but seriously, using the BB axle as a pivot is brilliant. And on a slope bike why wouldn't you be running a 19mm crank and Spanish BB?

Sept. 5, 2010, 8:07 p.m.

does anyone actually buy a "slope bike"?

Sept. 5, 2010, 8:12 p.m.

but seriously, using the BB axle as a pivot is brilliant. And on a slope bike why wouldn't you be running a 19mm crank and Spanish BB?

Agreed it's very cool. Also the DOB and DMR frames are steel which is key for me as well. I guess I like having more choice of cranks. Love my Saints.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Sept. 5, 2010, 8:13 p.m.

I would as the sixth bike in the quiver!

Sept. 5, 2010, 8:13 p.m.

but seriously, using the BB axle as a pivot is brilliant.

If you look, the pivot is the BB shell. Same concept as the original Cove G Spot.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/4248320/

And on a slope bike why wouldn't you be running a 19mm crank

19mm crank is awfully short for an adult. You must have some freakishly short legs.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Sept. 5, 2010, 8:32 p.m.

If you look, the pivot is the BB shell. Same concept as the original Cove G Spot.

Read my comment again. And again if necessary.

Sept. 5, 2010, 8:34 p.m.

Plus, lots of travel + concentric pivot is kind of awful.

yeah my Rotec RL9 with concentric BB and Lawwill rear end with 9 inches of travel sure does feel awful….one of the best feeling bikes I have ridden….small bump sensitivity is sweet…and I am not just saying that cause I used to ride for them, I have had this thing for 4 years now and want a new one, 2011 version should be money….

mtbskierdad

Sept. 5, 2010, 8:35 p.m.

Usually people who REALLY don't need them buy them.

That being said, short travel bikes with slack angles, low front ends, and short back ends are a ton of fun. Ken's franken-altitude feels fucking great. I don't care about climbing (focus on my strengths here, fuckers), so I could see loving one of these built up slightly more "trail"… Maybe with an Alfine-11?

Sept. 5, 2010, 8:37 p.m.

yeah my Rotec RL9 with concentric BB and Lawwill rear end with 9 inches of travel sure does feel awful….one of the best feeling bikes I have ridden….small bump sensitivity is sweet…and I am not just saying that cause I used to ride for them, I have had this thing for 4 years now and want a new one, 2011 version should be money….

Slope bike. Slope bike. Slope bike.

Sept. 5, 2010, 10:02 p.m.

well if it feels anything like the killswitch, then straight to the dumpster she goes.

oh, and if you want to make up for your lack of ability, just get 40" wide bars. then you'll look like you know what you're doing for sure.