Discoveries with jrTs

July 8, 2003, 12:03 p.m.

Just to give you guys a heads up what I notice when taking apart my jrTs. Basically I took them apart to fix the

July 8, 2003, 12:53 p.m.

WARRENTY! well if u have another fork for the time being that u could ride then i'd send it in…otherwise u might just want it to get re-built

:banana:
email address: [email protected]

July 8, 2003, 1:26 p.m.

why warranty. it appears to be working fine except the knocking.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight D. Eisenhower "The Chance for Peace" 1953

July 8, 2003, 4:19 p.m.

Increasing your rebound damping would make the fork top out worse, which is probably what it's doing. Seeing as rebound is set to (if I remember right) one full turn from the factory, you basically just fully opened your rebound damping.

Try turning clockwise three turns. That solved my "knocking."

I've seen it so many times. A person could've taken 5 minutes to turn up their rebound.. instead they send their fork away for 3 weeks and waste a bunch of Marzocchi's (usually Norco's) time that could be way better spent on forks that actually need it. I'm not flaming you or anything, just putting it out there.

July 8, 2003, 4:49 p.m.

While we're on the subject, I may as well add the pumping rod drilling instructions. They're vague but if you can't understand them you shouldn't be fiddling with your forks innards anyway.

For those who are interested in drilling out their fork here is how it is done.

1- disassemble the fork and pull out the plastic pumping rods
2- find the circlular hole at the bottom of the pumping rod(compression hole)
3- about 5-10 mm above this hole drill another 2-2.5 mm hole through both sides of the rod. THIS IS NOT MY RECCOMENDATION, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY START WITH ONE HOLE PER ROD.
4- reassemble and fill with oil to proper level
5- You may need heavier springs (and/or heavier oil) now that the rod is drilled. The compression is much easier and lighter.

FYI I won't be held responsible for any damage you do to your fork(s).

July 8, 2003, 6:50 p.m.

dammit i just did that to my forks and my head fell off.

July 13, 2003, 12:23 a.m.

just a note to phlegms instructions: i started drilling ONE 1/16" hole 8mm above and it did wonders. start small, then work your way up.:)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight D. Eisenhower "The Chance for Peace" 1953