Dick safe saddles

Sept. 8, 2015, 9:25 a.m.

Replacing my saddle too.

To me the WTB Volt seems like the best choice out of saddles I've been able to check out in person. Soft padding, no weird short catching stuff on back edge, appears to have a shape and width designed for humans.

We have 3 Volts in our household. Amazing price-point saddle and so far proven durable. I'm the only one not on a Volt, as it was too short in length for me.

Sept. 8, 2015, 10:33 a.m.

Yeah, it does seem a bit short.

Then again it seems that every all mountain bike comes with a near clone of this saddle. Same length too. Not sure if that that they've done their research and this type of saddle is great or if they've all just thrown on something that we would all look out and say "that looks designed for a human".

Specialized Henge, Giant Contact, etc etc every bike in I've seen comes with a near clone.

What gets me is all these saddles are great on flat ground, sit bone comfort is extravagantly well planned for.

I climb and descend mountains. I basically never ride flat ground. All I need as a mountain biker is a saddle that I can sit forward on during long steep climbs that is comfortable. And something that stays out of the way on descents.

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

Sept. 8, 2015, 11:12 a.m.

The bent nose design of the smp saddles is super comfy for forward position while climbing.

Sept. 8, 2015, 11:17 a.m.

Too bad it has to look like a cock and balls to protect your cock and balls.

Yup it's funny looking…
But it's the best saddle I have ever owned / sat on.
The bent nose is very comfy for your junk and makes it easier to perch forward off it when you want in climbs . Also can't poke u in the butt when you crash .
My buddy Chris' got poked so hard in the ass by his seat on Ned's that he threw up… Etc..
Funny to watch in sad sort of way.

Sept. 8, 2015, 12:48 p.m.

My buddy Chris' got poked so hard in the ass by his seat on Ned's that he threw up… Etc..
Funny to watch in sad sort of way.

Oh man that is sad
Went out for a ride but got
Ridden hard instead.

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 8, 2015, 1:21 p.m.

I climb and descend mountains. I basically never ride flat ground. All I need as a mountain biker is a saddle that I can sit forward on during long steep climbs that is comfortable. And something that stays out of the way on descents.

Have you tried the Chromag Moon yet? I have one on my DH bike and I'm considering switching to it for all bikes in the future. I didn't really get along with the Lynx DT as I found it too be fairly soft on the nose, Moon is much firmer

The length is the same as the Fi'zi:k Arione on my road bike. Seated area is as wide as the Deva saddle on my other bikes. Nose has more volume compared to the Arione

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 8, 2015, 3:52 p.m.

Have you tried the Chromag Moon yet? I have one on my DH bike and I'm considering switching to it for all bikes in the future. I didn't really get along with the Lynx DT as I found it too be fairly soft on the nose, Moon is much firmer

The length is the same as the Fi'zi:k Arione on my road bike. Seated area is as wide as the Deva saddle on my other bikes. Nose has more volume compared to the Arione

Ah, forgot about that saddle. Yeah I've checked it out, looked very promising. I'll check it out again maybe that one's the ticket. Thanks.

Sept. 8, 2015, 9:15 p.m.

I ended up picking up a 155mm wide Specialized Toupe Sport for $40 from Comor in Burnaby. Very flat and wide. Hits the sit bones pretty good, but I haven't found it to be perfect for me. I'm going to try it on the cross bike and see if it's any different.

I think I can pull off a bit more width and still aggressively descend on my mtb. May look into the one GTdad posted.

Sept. 10, 2015, 10:27 p.m.

From the Pinkbike Fabric Line Seat review:
"i went to Specialized Headquarters in may and was actually surprised that many men are using the Womens MYTH MTB saddle. It was a super wide cradle for your balls forward of where most cut outs are. So when you are climbing and getting agressive, the loose lip cup fits the jewels perfectly."

The widest option comes in at 168mm.

Sept. 8, 2016, 2:28 p.m.

Hey brothers. I went to the chromag website to check out the Moon saddles and I see they aren't listed anymore. But there's a "mood" saddle. Has the mood replaced the moon?

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 8, 2016, 7:40 p.m.

Ergon SME-3 is my current favourite.

Sept. 8, 2016, 8:04 p.m.

Hey brothers. I went to the chromag website to check out the Moon saddles and I see they aren't listed anymore. But there's a "mood" saddle. Has the mood replaced the moon?

looks to be the same saddle with a name change , the MoonDT is a great saddle mine has been on 3 bikes so far

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 8, 2016, 9:48 p.m.

I asked the guys at Chromag about the name change last time I was in their shop. Apparently, there is another saddle maker out there that had that name first, so they decided to change the name to Mood. Same saddle as the Moon, just a new name.

Sept. 8, 2016, 10:30 p.m.

Replacing my saddle too.

To me the WTB Volt seems like the best choice out of saddles I've been able to check out in person. Soft padding, no weird short catching stuff on back edge, appears to have a shape and width designed for humans.

The Specialized Henge is similar, but bit harder and back edge bit sharper.

This Fabric Scoop saddle looks really interesting:

Bought a Scoop. Took it for one ride, then gave it a long angry look and unbolted it permanently from my bike.

Replaced it with a Chromag Trailmaster. 8 months on it, in comparison with the billion other saddles I've had I'd rate it in the top million for sure. No sharp bits to catch shorts on, comfy enough to ride without chamois.

The new Henge was too sharp on the back edge, old model was fine but too hard to find.

Rode the Volt, no faults that I could find but the Trailmaster was more luxurious and was in a sale bin. Luxury ftw.

Sept. 8, 2016, 11:05 p.m.

I really rate this, but its better on aggressive XC setups and a little tricky to setup - however for climbing steeps whilst seated its unreal, your legs can freely do their thing with no impedance

the photo does not show how wide and short this saddle is in real life, I can put my fingers through the cut out

I've recently tried some of these Selle SMP, perhaps more "usable" than the S-W as they cradle the pelvis whether climbing, going along, or descending fast. I used this coverless one on a road ride recently and very surprised.

a number of models with different shapes and padding levels based around the same principle of minimal contact with soft tissue and genitalia