DHR RIP?

Nov. 17, 2015, 9:25 a.m.

Poking around the interwebs looking for some Turner DHR information and it looks like Turner has ret-con'd it from existence.

I haven't heard back from Turner, so I was wondering if anyone knows if the venerable DHR is gone for good, or if this is just a blip and a new Carbon 650b DHR will appear soon?

It'd be sad to see one of the best downhill bikes of all time disappear from the landscape.

iforonewelcome.com

Nov. 17, 2015, 9:56 a.m.

someone on rm had spoken to dave - (to paraphrase) apparently no plans to replace it due to too small sales volume. they were blowing them out on the turner site for a while, but i guess they're all purged now.

Nov. 17, 2015, 9:05 p.m.

At the current scale of his operation it will be 4 years at least. Dh race bike market is certainly saturated and enduro bikes have to be cutting into the share. It is a bit sad that one of the early leaders in dh race bike development can't fit it into the program anymore. It would be cool if a top racer or team financed him to develop it then he would get more excited I bet.

That said, I love my 08 round tube, super solid still and don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~