Devinci prototype at Crankworx

March 2, 2014, 8:04 p.m.

Maybe do the last stage of the Whistler EWS on one and then comment on the amount of travel…

What's the weight penalty for that 10/20mm of travel?

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

March 2, 2014, 10:16 p.m.

Maybe do the last stage of the Whistler EWS on one and then comment on the amount of travel…

What's the weight penalty for that 10/20mm of travel?

It might not be the weight penalty so much as sprint/pedalability?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 2, 2014, 10:39 p.m.

It might not be the weight penalty so much as sprint/pedalability?

This.

The way some enduro courses are layed out, I can see the preference for travel over power transfer. However, other courses call for a power transfer over travel, no?
It just seems like a lot of travel to put in a bike that a manufacturer has built specifically for enduro racing to me. I do enjoy a shorter travel bike though so it might just be my own preferences throwing me off here.

March 2, 2014, 11:49 p.m.

LSC platform shocks, cable actuated lock-out, auto adjust electronic lock-out, higher anti-squat on some bikes.

If it's required it'll eventually be that stuff on 160mm bikes like that YT, Range's, Enduro's etc, as opposed to the trail bikes many companies are pushing. Do you think anyone racing for Santa Cruz will still run Bronson's in the EWS when the new Nomad arrives?

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

March 3, 2014, 12:15 a.m.

The way some enduro courses are layed out, I can see the preference for travel over power transfer. However, other courses call for a power transfer over travel, no?

maybe that was part of jerome's success this year: the cdale jekyll goes from 160 to 90mm of travel with the flick of a switch, making it suitable for both types of courses

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 3, 2014, 1:16 a.m.

maybe that was part of jerome's success this year: the cdale jekyll goes from 160 to 90mm of travel with the flick of a switch, making it suitable for both types of courses

With the flick of a grip shift, no less.

flickr

March 3, 2014, 9:20 a.m.

http://dirtmag.co.uk/featured/world-exclusive-yt-capra.html

170mm travel fr+rr, all day pedalable apparently.

Check my stuff for sale!

March 3, 2014, 9:22 a.m.

http://dirtmag.co.uk/featured/world-exclusive-yt-capra.html

170mm travel fr+rr, all day pedalable apparently.

No XL. Too bad. Even when you factor for currency and taxes they're still very good value.

March 3, 2014, 9:29 a.m.

No XL. Too bad.

We get it. EVERY thread about a bike you post about wanting a XL.

March 3, 2014, 9:38 a.m.

outliers be vocal dawg.

Check my stuff for sale!

March 3, 2014, 9:47 a.m.

We get it. EVERY thread about a bike you post about wanting a XL.

That's because every time they don't make the damn bikes. If I don't keep complaining they won't think they've missed anything and then they'll keep not making the bikes and I'll keep complaining. Sorry for wanting a bike to ride. But hey, enjoy your selection.

March 3, 2014, 9:57 a.m.

If I don't keep complaining they won't think they've missed anything and then they'll keep not making the bikes and I'll keep complaining.

how's that working out for you? complaining on the internet, i mean

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 3, 2014, 10:03 a.m.

Well, technically I'm not complaining. I pointed out a shortcoming on the YT bike which otherwise looks awesome, and I said as much.
I originally chimed in on this thread to praise the Devinci bike. Devinci makes XL DH bikes so I'm pretty confident they'll do the same for this one.
I don't think it's complaining to say "this thing is awesome please don't forget about the XLs". I guess I should add XSs too to balance it out?

March 3, 2014, 10:04 a.m.

If I don't keep complaining… and I'll keep complaining.

Well, technically I'm not complaining… I don't think it's complaining

gotcha

March 3, 2014, 10:06 a.m.

how's that working out for you? complaining on the internet, i mean

This.

If you want companies to make XL bikes take the time to email them directly.