Da Package Thoughs?

Buy it?

Take my $
40%
Pass
60%
Total votes: 10
Oct. 25, 2019, 2:40 p.m.

New Bar-Stem combo from WAOC. Wondering if anyone has seen one? Thoughts? Looks sweet but $375 can buy just about any bar/stem on the market and this system doesn't even have one online review. Worth the risk?

Oct. 25, 2019, 3:31 p.m.

I'm sure it's awesome. But. Way outside my price range.

Oct. 26, 2019, 3:11 p.m.

Saw this in person today. The whole thing weighs about the same as a BzA bar. The shop owner who is bit of a beast on his euro bike has been riding it and loving it. 

I guess the question for me now is how do I not buy it?

Oct. 27, 2019, 7:33 a.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

Saw this in person today. The whole thing weighs about the same as a BzA bar. The shop owner who is bit of a beast on his euro bike has been riding it and loving it. 

Easy, keep your wallet in your pocket

Oct. 27, 2019, 7:22 p.m.

Maybe you like the idea of the One UP bar, which is more appealing to me. A bit more comfort as I'm smashing rocks with my wheels.

Oct. 27, 2019, 11:13 p.m.

Posted by: nouseforaname

Maybe you like the idea of the One UP bar, which is more appealing to me. A bit more comfort as I'm smashing rocks with my wheels.

Supposedly DaPackage uses jedi carbon weaving to make it stiff yet comfortable as well. The shim allows them to build it much lighter which supposedly adds to comfort. At the end of the day, I just want it to look rad and give me control. Apparently the guys at WAO are not that impressed with other carbon bars. They say the carbon layup is so sloppy, one side of the bar is often not as stiff as the other. They say that theirs is perfect.

The oneup bar is probably a good bar but I think it seriously lacks sex appeal for the $. A bar and stem runs you 225 USD which is about 300CAD, at which point I say spend the extra 75 and get something truly awesome looking. After seeing how this bar/stem looked I was pretty much sold but I thought it hard to swallow spending that much without any feedback. By happenstance, the guys at my local shop have been riding them and vouch for the ride. That is probably better than a review on an online forum at the end of the day. I'll post impression when I get to use them. They are going to replace a Raceface sixc and Easton Haven stem.

Oct. 28, 2019, 4:48 a.m.

You note you want it to look rad and give you control, and that you like the looks, so that first part seems to be covered. I'm sure WAO will stand behind it so I think that covers the other half.

If the looks and the brand justify the cost for you personally then go for it. Also I assume you are good with 20mm rise.

As far as the other comments go, I'm sure some companies have less than stellar layups, but I'd have a hard time believing a company like say, Renthal, is in the business of "sloppy"...

A renthal carbon lite +Apex stem is a little lighter than the WAO setup, and can be had for about 250 cad on CRC currently.

I need more rise than 20mm and have always gotten along well with renthal shape and feel, so that's where I'd be at, but I agree a lot about bar and stem is jewelry and personal preference on looks, so if you dig a certain style, that's half of the reason to get it. :)

Last edited by: Kenny on Oct. 28, 2019, 4:50 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 28, 2019, 11:43 a.m.

is that the colab with 77designz?

Oct. 28, 2019, 11:59 a.m.

I believe it is the colab with 77 designs. 

I agree with your point of view on this Kenny. I've been looking at rental stuff for a while but my local shops don't stock it. The weight between your system is close to the dapackage with the big difference being that dapackage is 800mm wide and DH rated. Actually pretty impressive if you think of it being the weight of an XC/trail/enduro set up

Oct. 28, 2019, 12:15 p.m.

Da Package is sexy af. No garish logo's or bs.

Oct. 28, 2019, 6:54 p.m.

Da Package is rated to some crazy standardized test, I can't recall the weight or number of cycles but it was ALOT. Also nice that the bar and stem are both made in Kamloops so you're not questioning the quality control from overseas. The whole package is about 100g lighter than a comparable BZA setup as well I believe.

Nov. 1, 2019, 11:11 a.m.

Posted by: JBV

but da name.  dat be ghey.

To be fair....they did not call it StiffR. Remember Cove Bikes?

Nov. 1, 2019, 2:23 p.m.

Posted by: Mic

Posted by: JBV

but da name.  dat be ghey.

To be fair....they did not call it StiffR. Remember Cove Bikes?

"Stiffy". Hummer. Handjob. I forget teh other one.....

Nov. 1, 2019, 2:54 p.m.

G-Spot. Shocker. 🙄

The naming doesn’t fit with the new all-inclusive Mtn bike industry.

Nov. 1, 2019, 3:02 p.m.

Dont forget the Peeler, STD, Hustler,Playmate, Sanchez, Hooker and Foreplay

Last edited by: shoreboy on Nov. 1, 2019, 3:03 p.m., edited 1 time in total.