Cush Core in Canada

June 24, 2017, 2:22 p.m.

Have you considered an alternative like Huck Norris or Flat Tire Defender? They run about 70usd vs Cush Cores 150usd which is significant in my book.

Last edited by: Ninjatarian on June 24, 2017, 2:25 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added links
June 27, 2017, 6:36 a.m.

Hey JBV,

what wheel size are you looking at? (27.5 or 29?) 

And which account is the one you´re actually using now? JBV or JBV2? Or is this someone different? 

=)

Cheers,

Franz

June 27, 2017, 1:21 p.m.

I'm interested in HN myself- the price is reasonable and people seem to think good things of it.

June 27, 2017, 2:32 p.m.

A buddy did a home made version of this, good things to say and didn't sound too hard with the right foam

June 28, 2017, 5:42 a.m.

Hi!

I still really dig the Procore stuff. It really prevents rim damage, makes tubeless setup effortless, absolutely prevents rolling and burping and maybe the biggest advantage: it absolutely improves the ride quality and traction of my bike.

That's less of a difference on bikepark like trails, but especially on rocky, slippery, rooty and wet terrain a Magic Mary with 15Psi in the outer chamber and a Rock Razor with 17psi on the rear are really fantastic.

And that's with no rolling and burping and practically zero risk of pinch flats.

I am curious about Cush Core though, what it does to rolling resistance etc.

Looks like a great product as well.

I'll be spending a six week vacation in British Columbia this year (arriving july 28th) and will be exploring Vancouver island this time. Let's meet up and have a ride together :)

I'll bring a Procore sample for you, if i don't exceed my luggage weight limit...

27.5" is good then?

Cheers

Franz

July 18, 2019, 1:20 p.m.

Posted by: Kevin26

A buddy did a home made version of this, good things to say and didn't sound too hard with the right foam

Kevin26 any more details on the homemade version ? 

What foam was used etc etc ?

Thx

July 19, 2019, 8:03 a.m.

Or the Nukeproof ARD or the Vittoria Airliner. Both seem good but much lighter. The one from Panzer also looks promising but not currently available in Canada.

July 19, 2019, 8:55 a.m.

I am about to install Rimpact inserts on my bike tomorrow...first time trying anything like it but it's so much cheaper than cushcore it's not even funny and lighter, but from what I have been reading not as durable...so we will see.

July 19, 2019, 9:20 a.m.

Nukeproof ARD is quite affordable ($75 CAD for the set). I bought some but haven't been able to try them out yet. Will be curious to see how they work. Not a ton of info/reviews available online.

July 19, 2019, 11:29 a.m.

huck norris works as advertised, really reduces the impacts on rocks.  ran it on the back of my HT, which i run pretty low air.  downside is the really hard impacts will cut the foam right thru.  so after a season there's a handful of places where if i hit again it won't do anything.

looking to go to something that lasts longer and reduces impacts even more.  i would try cushcore if not so $$$.  maybe the vittoria next?

July 19, 2019, 1:01 p.m.

I just bought a set  of Cushcore from Fanatik in bham. They were 150USD for the set with valves. Up here i priced them at 140CAD each without the valves. Just threw them in the bed of the pickup on the way back, they look like the rest of the trash i have floating around back there...

Last edited by: nortonwhis on July 19, 2019, 1:01 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 27, 2019, 6:34 p.m.

no they aren't they are made in bend Oregon.... 

see https://www.cushcore.com/contact/

Dec. 26, 2020, 5:09 p.m.

Hey everyone, just throwing my 2 cents in here. When I bought my current bike (Rocky Mountain Growler) quite a few mechs, and even the wheel rep (I bought Race Face Turbine R's), recommended Cushcore. They said it was almost mandatory on my rear wheel (I weigh 220lbs).

I had my doubts, as many of Cushcore's claims sounds pretty extreme for a piece of foam (and they're not cheap) but the difference they made was amazing.

I also ran a Nukeproof in my front tire, to test them out as a cheaper option and because some of my fast friends swear by them.

I found the Nukeproof ARD to be OK (I really couldn't push the front wheel because I had to babysit my stock Suntour fork) but I will likely put Cushcore in the front next season with my new Fox 36.

If you want my full take on Cushcore (from a hardtail point of view) you can read my review: Cushcore: How it Lives up to the Hype. Hope the info helps others make their own decisions!

I think Cushcore is a rad product, for the right person. As a heavier rider on a hardtail regularly hitting DH, they make a difference and are worth it.

Last edited by: HardtailCanada on Dec. 26, 2020, 5:31 p.m., edited 1 time in total.