creak

June 4, 2019, 1:45 p.m.

Thread drift but you notice any difference on the new Tues frame versus the old?

June 4, 2019, 3:32 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Thread drift but you notice any difference on the new Tues frame versus the old?

Yeah, this thing boosts me a lot higher on jumps for whatever reason.  The cable routing through the frame is nice and the protection is beefed up as well (still RideWrap'd).  The large just felt really cramped for me and I'm only 5'10.583".

June 4, 2019, 9:58 p.m.

Worst creak i ever had that took forever to find turned out to be a loose bolt on the chainring. Was losing my mind up to then, the sense of relief was incredible!

June 5, 2019, 10:51 a.m.

Been following this thread closely, I've got an under power only creak emanating from my I9 rear hub/cassette area that's driving me bananas.

Going down to the garage right now with bad intentions.

June 5, 2019, 9:21 p.m.

Looks like I found it....?

Took the 2 piece derailleur hanger apart, (which was tight and straight). This exposed the hole in the frame that the axle passes through, which I was dismayed to discover is ovalized.

Cleaned and greased everything and put it back together, still makes noise but at least I know where it's coming from. I believe I may need a new rear traingle. Fffffffffff.

Edit: On further reflection I'm thinking it doesn't sound like the axle. The sound is loudest when soft pedalling, under hard pedalling (uphill etc) it mostly vanishes. I noticed the prawls were worn down on one side of each of them. Maybe that's the culprit... We'll see.

Last edited by: Hepcat on June 8, 2019, 2:54 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 9, 2019, 5:17 p.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

Been following this thread closely, I've got an under power only creak emanating from my I9 rear hub/cassette area that's driving me bananas.

Going down to the garage right now with bad intentions.

Figured out my creak. It was the cassette, not how it was mounted or lack of grease or anything else, it was the cassette itself. Maybe rivots coming loose? Who knows.

Swapped my fair condition X1 cassette for my friends beat to shit X1 cassette and noise vanished.

Last edited by: Hepcat on July 9, 2019, 5:17 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 9, 2019, 5:40 p.m.

DUDE me too!  

Mine was the e*13 integrated 7 speed cassette.

Replaced it with an old one and boom.  

I have no idea how it can make the noise as it seems likes it a block of metal.

July 9, 2019, 10:54 p.m.

I have a new creak. It is on my Ti frame and it sounds a lot like a crack. I spend every ride looking for it but still can't find it. Next week I'll start taking parts off, cleaning and greasing them. Hopefully the creak goes away and I can stop looking for mystery cracks.