crazy vintage shiz

July 2, 2011, 6:42 p.m.

after several misses, i finally found something..

certainly not 'crazy vintage shizz' but it satisfies cheap and reliable (knock on wood) city commuter/cruiser criteria

It is shizz of some sort… please tell me there's some room in the budget for some safety upgrades.

flickr

July 2, 2011, 8:08 p.m.

It is shizz of some sort… please tell me there's some room in the budget for some safety upgrades.

haha.. yeah there is for sure. the price was right (ish). What would you do first?

July 2, 2011, 8:15 p.m.

haha.. yeah there is for sure. the price was right (ish). What would you do first?

sell it and buy the one I posted.

July 3, 2011, 12:43 p.m.

^ already sold.. and at 400 was too overpriced for my liking.

July 3, 2011, 9:25 p.m.

Your post above makes me think you might have sold it, but…

1st priority: working brakes. Tektro aero levers ($35), new cables and housing ($15). And some bar tape ($15). Or, you might get a new stem, a flat/riser bar, new brake levers, and cable/housing for not much more.

Now, that said, are you shorter than 5'3"? Cause that is one tiny bike.

flickr

July 3, 2011, 9:54 p.m.

Your post above makes me think you might have sold it, but…

1st priority: working brakes. Tektro aero levers ($35), new cables and housing ($15). And some bar tape ($15). Or, you might get a new stem, a flat/riser bar, new brake levers, and cable/housing for not much more.

Now, that said, are you shorter than 5'3"? Cause that is one tiny bike.

Bar tape has been purchased. Brakes are next. Just need to find a shop with levers/calipers in stock. I like the drop bars. Your post had me worried that the bike was going to spontaneously combust in a ball of fire.

It is a pretty small-ish bike. But its not THAT small. Im 5'11, and while it wouldnt the ideal size. It'll do for now.

July 3, 2011, 10:05 p.m.

^ already sold.. and at 400 was too overpriced for my liking.

Somebody was taken to the cleaners. Suicide brake levers = Junk.

Other surefire signs of junk road bikes: Stem-mounted shifters and cranks w/chainguard.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

July 3, 2011, 10:21 p.m.

Hey I have a vintage lol frame and fork. 20$ or a case of beer to you. Come pick it up and get it out of my pad. I have a wheel set for it as well.

I am 5'10" and it was a good fit for me when it was my commuter.

1983 Nishiki Landau, Black, Med

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

July 3, 2011, 11:11 p.m.

This could be a good buy, and less likely to kill anyone:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/bik/2464034369.html

treezz
wow you are a ass

July 4, 2011, 12:11 a.m.

1983 Nishiki Landau, Black, Med

Landau is a fine old bike. Step below the international iirc

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

July 4, 2011, 12:48 a.m.

Bar tape has been purchased. Brakes are next. Just need to find a shop with levers/calipers in stock. I like the drop bars. Your post had me worried that the bike was going to spontaneously combust in a ball of fire.

It is a pretty small-ish bike. But its not THAT small. Im 5'11, and while it wouldnt the ideal size. It'll do for now.

Judging by the head tube, I'm guessing 53.5 top tube max. Maybe 54. Big stem and riser is the only way to make this work. I've got a 145mm Cinelli Frog that'd be absolutely ridiculous on there.

Look for the Tektro long reach dual pivot calipers. You might have to do some drilling to get them to fit, but it's worth it for good brakes!

flickr

July 4, 2011, 8:53 a.m.

Landau is a fine old bike. Step below the international iirc

The International and the Landau used the same frame just different component group. Both used Tange Cromoly tubing.

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

July 4, 2011, 2:13 p.m.

this bike is child sized and a department store special back in it's day. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but you're posting what's essentially hipster junk on a biking website.

July 4, 2011, 2:26 p.m.

this bike is child sized and a department store special back in it's day. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but you're posting what's essentially hipster junk on a biking website.

I apologize the bike I purchased for 100 dollars offends you so much.

Cam, if you read this, could you please delete my account. it appears Ive offended people by purchasing a bike to ride to work on.

to everyone at nsmb…i'll never let it happen again, so sorry.

July 4, 2011, 2:42 p.m.

I am sorry for trying to helpful. I forgot to be a bitter angry old man. I will try not to let it happen again. :fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

Ah that feels better

If it has two wheels and human power, I am all over it. Just like I can get a boner over a brown girl a yellow girl or a white girl. If it has boobs I am all over it. Why limit your fun.

I am not normally a judgmental person, today I make an exception.:fu:

A. Einstein