Cranks.... last part i need for my new bicycle

Feb. 25, 2004, 10:22 p.m.

Originally posted by Rosscofat
**my husslefelts lasted threw 1 letoy 3 frame.. so maybe your were jsut shit but. if they can last threw a le toy 3 frame and diggers and whistler over and over.. I think they are pretty good

and think about it.. MTB BB is like what 60$? BMX.. U can buy new EVERYTHING for 5$.. axles 10$ max bareings 7$ max cups 10$ max.. thats all a BB is for BMX it consits of small parts combind into 1 full working one.. U get a MTB bb and its all sealed and shit.. and might last whatever.. and everytiem it fucks its 60$ or warranty and wait..

BMX = Better.. ITS JUST my opinon.. but thats how I see it see everything in parts.. and add it up..

may be heavier but the weight / cost of new ones equals out

SOrry dean didnt noice it was a MTB BB..

but also PROFILE makes a MTB BB thats built like there BMX… axle cups and bareings… **

Rossco, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. BMX isn't soo much better because it's cheaper (it is a bit cheaper). It's better because everything lasts 15 times as long as equally priced mountain bike stuff. You're better off buying a MTB crankset for your Mountain bike than a BMX crankset with a euro BB.

PS, nothing that you listed was accurate.

A typical Euro BMX BB (no spindle included) will cost about 40$ US

A primo powerbite spindle is about 40$ US.

Primo replacement cup and bearing for BMX BB is 15$, but most mountain bike frames don't have a BMX BB.

So lets say he needs a euro BB, he is spending 80$ US instead of 60$ Cdn……you don't really get a lot of the strengths that come with a BMX BB shell either, Euro bearings aren't as strong as they are made so small. It is a toss up. Just don't go posting around thinking you know everything because you can huck big ok?

Ride BMX
Ride for yourself.

Feb. 25, 2004, 10:51 p.m.

then I must be gettin hell cheep stuff because I can get profile BB for 50$ canadain and to buy each part I can get it cheep.. could be diff for everyone.. I can get powerbite cranks for 100$ canadain new with BB

and I dont huck big at all.. lol if I hucked big id get a dually not a hardtail hah :crybaby: :( lol Im saying from my experience.. this isint not a world wide everyone can do this.. if im wrong im wrong so sue me its just a opinon.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Feb. 25, 2004, 10:53 p.m.

**then I must be gettin hell cheep stuff because I can get profile BB for 50$ canadain and to buy each part I can get it cheep.. could be diff for everyone.. I can get powerbite cranks for 100$ canadain new with BB

and I dont huck big at all.. lol if I hucked big id get a dually not a hardtail hah :crybaby: :( lol Im saying from my experience.. this isint not a world wide everyone can do this.. if im wrong im wrong so sue me its just a opinon. **

I am talking about prices that are typical of albes or dans….. Not everyone gets deals. You must buy stolen parts.

Ride BMX
Ride for yourself.

Feb. 25, 2004, 10:55 p.m.

no I buy from rocky cycle just like every other human beeing can.. and I dont get that big of a deal.. before deal Id be umm let me see 160$ for powerbite cranks and BB and what another 60$ for a coversion cup?

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Feb. 25, 2004, 11:21 p.m.

north shores. there alot lighter than profiles and just as strong.

Feb. 26, 2004, 12:01 a.m.

Originally posted by coverider
k, my uncle just called and said he got a hold of some RF evolves FR with signature ISIS bb. so thats what im getting:)

Sweet. :thepimp:

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 26, 2004, 10:41 a.m.

Originally posted by coverider
blah, theyre also alot heavier, and i dont want this bike to be heavy cause ive got to commute during rides too.
rossco, saints are like 550$(i called a few shops), and not willing to pay that much. im gonna pay like max 300$

saints are $459 at the lbs,v drives $140

Feb. 26, 2004, 1:23 p.m.

profile are THE BEST period. i just got a set of them on my gimp and they are sooo nice.

I:heart:NY

Feb. 26, 2004, 7:06 p.m.

If you need to save a few grams, there are better places to save the weight than in your cranks. Profiles all the way. They last and the spindles and arms are warranteed forever anyway. Just order an extra set of bearings for your toolbox (still cost less than a mtb BB) and you're all set for the next year.

Feb. 27, 2004, 10:06 a.m.

well if u want cheep go husslefelts they rock and stand up to ALOT! just rember when buying MTB cranks u also gettin weaker BB thats why BMX is better becuz u get a nice bb AND cranks

and you cant even feel the differnece from an aluminum crank to a cromo…i rode raceface prodigies with an evolvebb and i went to azonic 454's and the only difference i am noticing is how they can take a shit kicking and not even be scratched…despite what alot of people say they dont way that much more than a northshore.

Feb. 27, 2004, 10:25 a.m.

HE ALREADY BOUGHT CRANKS GUYS

ps: why does everyone love profiles….for me i dont think i'll ever buy bmx style cranks again, last pair i had a i twisted both of them .

_SALE: 01 Drop frame, shore linkage, new RC + extras! _

Feb. 27, 2004, 11:12 a.m.

i just got ISIS north shores to replace my hussefelts on my hardtail. i was replacing them because i knew it was only a matter of time before they twisted… closer inspection revealed the left arm was twisted about 3 degrees… but i was doing 13-14 ft to flat on a hardtail, i weigh 175.

hussefelts=a good budget solution to all but the stupidest riders :D

btw, i here RF NS rules and rival the primos… we'll soon see…

mountain town high life :drunk: