crank puller problem

Aug. 4, 2003, 12:16 p.m.

So Im trying to pull my RF Northshores off my bike, and my Park cwp -5 puller doesn't seem to be working. I pull it off and notice that the part that is supposed to push against the bottom bracket is wedged into the bottom bracket where the crank bolt goes. Was I supposed to use a differant crank puller for a splined BTM Bracket? Any ideas how to remove it?

"Here's to the heat. Not to the the heat that ignites and burns down shanties, but to the heat that excites and brings down panties."

Aug. 4, 2003, 12:17 p.m.

should I take offense to your name ?

"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid."

~Epictetus

Aug. 4, 2003, 12:24 p.m.

ISIS bottom brackets use a different puller than the tapered bottom brackets. You might be able to make it work by using a penny or something on the spline for the puller to touch.

drifting…yet again…

Aug. 4, 2003, 12:26 p.m.

Thanks rusty
illomatic, iv had this name since Perfect Dark came out for N64.

"Here's to the heat. Not to the the heat that ignites and burns down shanties, but to the heat that excites and brings down panties."

Aug. 4, 2003, 12:35 p.m.

sure you have;)

"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid."

~Epictetus

Aug. 4, 2003, 1:28 p.m.

what i found that worked perfect was to use one of those hollow screw things for chainrings, out it in the hole and it fits nicely,

- bike sexual

Aug. 4, 2003, 3:16 p.m.

Sounds like you didn't use a splined drive crank puller. Take your crank puller out, and put a couple pennies up against the BB spindle. Then use your crank puller again. The pennies will give the crank puller something to push against, and the pennies happen to be the perfect size.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 4, 2003, 3:55 p.m.

Use 3 pennies. They bend easy.