Cove Shocker or Iron Horse Sunday 06

May 21, 2007, 4:37 p.m.

-LG1/Carbon plate and bash

Is that a DGS carbon plate and bash? Looks good.

If I was you, I would ditch the chainring, bolts and spider, and just get a BMX racing sprocket. The Profile Imperial would be lighter than your current set up, comes in 36t, 37t, 38t, 39t, 40t, and only costs $35. It looks killer and comes in lots of colors.

May 21, 2007, 5:48 p.m.

Is that a DGS carbon plate and bash? Looks good.

If I was you, I would ditch the chainring, bolts and spider, and just get a BMX racing sprocket. The Profile Imperial would be lighter than your current set up, comes in 36t, 37t, 38t, 39t, 40t, and only costs $35. It looks killer and comes in lots of colors.

That is the one and only DGS carbon chainguide plate. Jeff does really nice work and I am luck enough to have the prototype.

Already getting the black Profile imperial chainring--current setup is all I had laying around.

May 21, 2007, 5:50 p.m.

sticky: ur bike looks mint, u got any pics of u riding her?

cheers again guys so far

Never seem to get any riding pics…Super happy with the bike though.

May 22, 2007, 3:49 a.m.

Sorry, I meant to say I would take the Boxxers over the 888's. typo on my part.

May 22, 2007, 7:18 a.m.

ok I have said this so many times… my bro bought a cove peeler from them in 05 and he had a defective bb/chain guide mount that kept sliding for coming out… w!

That could easily be some stripped bolts or threads that the Cove doesnt know who wrenched on it while not using the right bolt size.

Someone has to say it in every thread where warranty is brought up:
Its a privilege, not a right.

As for the thread topic: I'd go Sunday without a doubt. But thats b/c I'm all about DW.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

May 22, 2007, 8:15 a.m.

That could easily be some stripped bolts or threads that the Cove doesnt know who wrenched on it while not using the right bolt size.

Someone has to say it in every thread where warranty is brought up:
Its a privilege, not a right.

As for the thread topic: I'd go Sunday without a doubt. But thats b/c I'm all about DW.

no it was sliding and coming out so that my bro couldnt even ride… and it would have cost alot too

"Jumps aren't dangerous by themselves… confidence, now thats dangerous"

May 24, 2007, 7:58 a.m.

hey guys, would just like to thank everyone for their input. as it stands, the guys has already sold the IH with the boxxers on so i'm going to be buying the shocker with 888 rxc2's on it. cheers again guys for ur help, much appreciated :D

May 24, 2007, 8:06 a.m.

What kind of shit is that bro? You should base your statements on fact before opening your big flap.

Fact: I bought a Cove Stiffee.
Fact: I took it in for a manufacturers defect (paint)
Fact: I was planning on taking that bike to Moab 3 months later
Fact: Even though I was originally told it would take [HTML_REMOVED]1 month to get it back to me, and even though I phoned them weekly after that month was up - My bike still wasn't returned to me in time for that road trip.

Based on my own experience, I'll back up anyone bashing Cove on warrantee issues (I'm not the only one that's played the "oh it will be just one more week" game with them).

And they don't see a dime from me anymore due to this experience.

May 24, 2007, 4:02 p.m.

Fact: I bought a Cove Stiffee.
Fact: I took it in for a manufacturers defect (paint)

So you warrantied your frame b/c of paint? Is that right? There was nothing structurally unsound about it?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

May 24, 2007, 4:20 p.m.

So you warrantied your frame b/c of paint? Is that right? There was nothing structurally unsound about it?

I don't expect to buy a bike and have a fifth of the paint fall off the downtube within the first 6 months. In my opinion - that's a defective product.

I'm not talking a chip here and a chip there - large patches of paint literally started peeling off of the bike. On a 2000 dollar purchase, if I see that, I'm talking to the manufacturer about standards of quality coming back from his subcontractor.

May 27, 2007, 11:31 a.m.

lmao well too late for this cat. hopefully mine lives upto my expectations.

May 27, 2007, 6:53 p.m.

lmao well too late for this cat. hopefully mine lives upto my expectations.

so you decided to get a Cove Shocker?

"Jumps aren't dangerous by themselves… confidence, now thats dangerous"

May 27, 2007, 6:54 p.m.

so you decided to get a Cove Shocker?

It was decided for him. The IronHorse was sold to someone else.

22 Pride

May 27, 2007, 8:42 p.m.

shocker

JDM POWER!

May 27, 2007, 8:54 p.m.

i think the sunday is a better downhill bike just because its lighter but the components on the shocker are nicer and the shocker is a more versatile bike im going for the shocker over the sunday but there both sexy in my opinion