Cooler temps making my eyes water, options?

Nov. 2, 2020, 7:23 a.m.

Stupid phone won't let me copy link for some reason. Here is the model number though.

Model # 48-73-2020

I also picked up the half frame version that's half the price but have not had the chance to try them on a ride yet but should work as well since it's the same lense and coating. Well should be.

Model # 48-73-2000

Last edited by: Korc on Nov. 2, 2020, 7:27 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling
Nov. 3, 2020, 6:17 a.m.

Posted by: Kevin26

Posted by: Ouch

Posted by: Kevin26

They're all perfectly clear when new but Ryder's shore/tall can and smith squads seem to handle fog the best which is super important to me

Looking on Ryder's website, doesn't look like they have goggles anymore?

Hmm weird, I feel like I've still seen them in shops, go for the smith's if not.

They must've been updating their website, goggles back on there. Had a ride with the Ryder Tallcans and no watering eyes! They fit perfectly and aren't too big, didn't fog up at all.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Last edited by: Ouch on Nov. 3, 2020, 6:18 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 19, 2020, 8:45 p.m.

Went to the optometrist today, I'm finally at the age were my eye sight has deteriorated for distance! 

Now I need recommendations for prescription riding glass and goggles. What brands have that option? I live in North Van, any places that specialize in prescription rider eyewear?

This getting old stuff is really starting to suck! 😁

Nov. 20, 2020, 4:36 a.m.

Posted by: Ouch

Went to the optometrist today, I'm finally at the age were my eye sight has deteriorated for distance! 

Now I need recommendations for prescription riding glass and goggles. What brands have that option? I live in North Van, any places that specialize in prescription rider eyewear?

This getting old stuff is really starting to suck! 😁

Before laser eye surgery I'd wear contacts for MTBing. That way I could use any eyewear.

Nov. 20, 2020, 6:29 a.m.

I had laser eye surgery in 98' and wore contact before as well. The correction required, is too minimal for laser touch up. If I wear contacts, I'll need reading glasses, so it's a better option to have something for distance and if I need to read(cell phone, finicky repairs) I can just remove my prescription glasses/goggles. Legally I can still drive, but I want my vision to be crisper.

Last edited by: Ouch on Nov. 20, 2020, 6:33 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 20, 2020, 7:52 a.m.

I had Lasik done around 1998(?).  Eyes were great for about +15 years.  I have developed a little loss in distance but some slight astigmatisms in both eyes have pushed me back to wearing some corrective lenses.  I have "free" touch ups available from the eye clinic that is was done at but probably won't do it.  One thing, I was not aware of prior to the first surgery was the future impact on correcting new vision issues.  I wear contact lenses for most of my riding and fly fishing then glasses the rest of the time.  Due to the material removed during the Lasik surgery, I now have trouble fitting contact lenses. Since the eye is now less round then average eyes, I have gone to the "flattest" daily contact lens made and it works.  I wear the daily ones 2-4 times then toss them.

I absolutely loved my eyes during those 15 years as I was more into alpine and rock climbing then.  The notion of waking up in a bevy sack and not having to lick my fingers clean to put in contacts was great.

Cheers, Mike