Commencal Cda

Jan. 20, 2019, 7:03 p.m.

Bryce from Red Bear Apparel has a Commencal , you can find him on Instagram . He has had a good experience with them .

https://www.instagram.com/redbearapparel/

Jan. 20, 2019, 9:37 p.m.

I had a Commencal Meta V4 up until about a year ago. I bought the frame from the US store as they were just getting set up in Canada, but dealt with Squamish for questions, support and parts. They were always very helpful and seemed on top of things. I wouldn’t hesitate to get a bike from them. The bike rode very nicely as well.

Jan. 21, 2019, 12:18 p.m.

Don't have one myself but a few friends have Mega AM and HT's and all have great things to say about the bikes and the customer service of the Canadian op in Squamish... the opposite of YT haha.

Jan. 22, 2019, 11:57 a.m.

Posted by: JBV

these bikes are on my radar, esp the new Meta TR. the fact that you can order a frame only and spec a high end shock is hugely appealing. looking at the Troy alloy frame option, you get a low end shock with no firm setting. stupid IMO. 

anyone have experience dealing with this company? any service or warranty issues?  i'm looking forward to paying their store a visit come spring.

Yeah, such a nice feature. I was looking at the Ransom Alloy and wanted the high end shock...but the dealer said they didn't think it was available...BS...

Jan. 22, 2019, 9:17 p.m.

When I bought my second Wilson from Dunbar, they cut me a deal on swapping a shock.

Jan. 23, 2019, 7:39 p.m.

I bought a Commencal last summer (although Commencal usa), I called them once before placing my order.  They answered the phone, good customer service, bike shipped immediately, arrived a little before they said it would, shipped via bikeflights.  The bike itself is great.

Jan. 24, 2019, 7:30 a.m.

Posted by: JBV

this is a real issue for me. i'm er, shocked that a company like Devinci doesn't allow for a bit of shock customization. they take the easy road for themselves and dumb down their alloy frames, which is a real shame given how they are made at their factory and they claim to take such pride in it.  looking at Knolly and Commencal they get it.

I really , really like my Django . that being said I was not impressed with Devinci. I inquired if they have any builder programs or the likes. And they where not very receptive. Yet other company's are more than willing to help out those who donate time to keep the sport alive. As you stated Knolly has it right they offer options. And offer/provide various levels of support for riders and builders. Norco has stepped up as well I know 3 builders they help.

Jan. 25, 2019, 3:42 p.m.

Commencal CS has been good to my inquiries the past couple of months. Most of the feedback I'd heard about Commencal's support has been quite positive.