commencal

April 9, 2008, 10:18 p.m.

hi, i was just looking at the commencal supream mini dh. im looking for a new freeride frame, i am pretty small but ride relativly hard. i was just wondering if any body had riden this frame or knew anything about it?

thanks, information is apreciated.

April 9, 2008, 10:20 p.m.

oops this was supposed to be in gear. if a moderator could move it that would be great.

April 9, 2008, 10:33 p.m.

just copy your post, delete this thread,start a new in Gear.

April 10, 2008, 3:05 p.m.

talk to mattj at NorthShoreBikeShop

April 10, 2008, 4:46 p.m.

I just ordered a Furious frameset. Almost went for the mini DH but it might not be burly enough for my 225 lbs. Nice looking bikes though.

April 10, 2008, 8:01 p.m.

go for it ben!

April 10, 2008, 11:13 p.m.

ye i would go for it, its one of the best bikes in its price point.

http://elbry.blogspot.com/

April 11, 2008, 7:15 a.m.

i am pretty small but ride relativly hard.

If you ride for more than 4 hours I would see a doctor.

April 15, 2008, 7:13 p.m.

hi, i was just looking at the commencal supream mini dh. im looking for a new freeride frame, i am pretty small but ride relativly hard. i was just wondering if any body had riden this frame or knew anything about it?

the mini DH is a great ride for sure, it is designed primarily for someone who is riding whistler type parks, however if you are riding the shore and riding hard all the time i would suggest the Furious, it is a stronger bike designed to take big hits and keep on going!
hope this helps!

Canada's Largest Super D, DH and 4X race series
www.sirbikealotracing.com

April 15, 2008, 7:59 p.m.

thanks for the replies guys.

April 16, 2008, 4:05 p.m.

the mini DH is a great ride for sure, it is designed primarily for someone who is riding whistler type parks, however if you are riding the shore and riding hard all the time i would suggest the Furious, it is a stronger bike designed to take big hits and keep on going!
hope this helps!

Its funny, I always thought whistler was way harder on a bike than our local trails.

In any case, MattJ @ North Shore Bike Shop has got the goods.

April 16, 2008, 4:42 p.m.

although not a mini, or furious, I just would like to say that I'm finding my meta 6 ltd more than capable for a lot of different riding….on saturday we climbed up and did meat grinder in pemby….steep, loose, baby head littered, dusty, and did I say loose? this bike climbs like a champ and rips the dh's…..it's well balanced, and extremely comfortable…..crappy f.book pic…

then on saturday we went and shuttled in squampton…..while certianly no dh rig, with a set of better tires I'm confident this ride will also get better! 60 duro highrollers on sloppy roots and rocks is not a recommended combo…but after a couple of laps I was feeling pretty good!
launcher

bermy

April 16, 2008, 4:55 p.m.

hey flip what lyric do you have on that bike? How is it? Have you ridden the other 2 models?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 16, 2008, 4:59 p.m.

hey flip what lyric do you have on that bike? How is it? Have you ridden the other 2 models?

solo air….never ridden the other ones…..I like it, but it's wierd….it feels really soft, and I'm thinking I might have to bump up to a slightly stiffer spring, but the wierd part is that with just a bit more psi than recommended, I never notice it bottoming out, even though I'm clearly using all of the travel…..I am finding myself wishing I could slam it down on climbs as it is tall otherwise, but the bike is so well balanced that I don't even notice it that much to be honest…..so far, so good!

April 16, 2008, 5:22 p.m.

solo air….never ridden the other ones…..I like it, but it's wierd….it feels really soft, and I'm thinking I might have to bump up to a slightly stiffer spring, but the wierd part is that with just a bit more psi than recommended, I never notice it bottoming out, even though I'm clearly using all of the travel…..I am finding myself wishing I could slam it down on climbs as it is tall otherwise, but the bike is so well balanced that I don't even notice it that much to be honest…..so far, so good!

no spring in the solo air…its all air:damn: