clippy shoes

July 16, 2018, 5:36 p.m.

I was looking at the Hellcats too but Dunbar has a good sale in the 2017 2FO cliplites for $143. Bought those. Go get’em.

July 16, 2018, 6:28 p.m.

SporkChek has the black/yellow Hellcats on clearance for $74

July 16, 2018, 7:45 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Every pair of shimano's I have had have torn away pretty fast.

even if it was the right size every pair of Shimanos I owned never really fit,

its up to the end loser to find the shoe that works for their foot

so when the OP is asking what shoe ...depends on the foot

July 17, 2018, 9:34 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

SporkChek has the black/yellow Hellcats on clearance for $74

Hey thx for that. Just bought a pair of the grey ones for 100.00 all in, online.

The last pair I bought was more than double that

July 20, 2018, 10:58 a.m.

I'm using AM9's with Mallet DH's this year. So far so good and it's been a long time since I rode clipless. AM9's have just the right blend of stiffness and flexibility in the shank and fit better than my 5-10's.

July 20, 2018, 1:23 p.m.

First ride with the 2FO cliplights have the sole and my Mallet 3s not getting along very well. Hope that resolves because otherwise I'm going to need to start cutting the sole

Aug. 20, 2018, 10:35 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

i'm in a clips cycle this summer and i'm interested in your opinion on clip shoes. i have 2 pairs and here's a quick review of each:

Shimano ME7- great flex pattern, quite stiff but decent for walking. weird lacing system is a bit annoying. shallow and lose heel cup. neoprene cuff is warm for summer but fantastic in cool wet weather, works wonders at keeping crud out of shoes. i shoe goo'd the top of toe vents to make them a cool weather shoe and they are great for this. great performance shoes.

Spesh cliplite 2FO- i found a pair on sale in my big size and they were too cool looking to pass up (green camo, freaking killer techy style). amazing fit, stiff and deep firm heel cup. boa system is amazing, first time i've used this. decent venting but still good in damp weather. balance between breathable and solid fabrics. outsole is incredible for walking. light even in size 48 and eva midsole makes for much more comfortable walking than the ME7's. so impressed with these shoes. as good or better than the rave reviews out there. 

what shoes do you use and like?

Bought some ME5's couple months back, very happy with them. 

I have a wide foot, and these are the only shoes in standard width that I could find that fit. (Wide versions of clipless shoes are a shot in the dark since they're special order- no trying on). The toe box is not huge, but fits more like a nornal shoe. In my experience most cycling shoes are bizarrely anemic in width.

As advertised walking is very comfortable and natural, while sole stiffness while riding is good. Neat trick.

I've read reviews saying the second strap rubs while pedalling. The strap has indented marks for cutting it down, takes 2 seconds and is a total non-issue. 

The upside down buckle is a head scratcher, but doesn't seem to affect performance and you get used to it quickly enough.

Sole has good grip for bailing and running, and the tread pattern does not interfere at all with unclipping out of Mallets.

Good venting. I've ridden it exclusively in 30 degree+ temps, no swamp foot yet. 

Inexpensive too. 

💕👟

Aug. 21, 2018, 8:08 a.m.

I'm in my second pair of 2fo Clip shoes because they're the only brand that come in my size and don't fall apart. I'm noticing my right shoe/pedal interface is noisy af though, every pedal stroke is met with a squeaking grinding noise and it's driving me nuts. The BEST shoe I ever owned, albeit heavy was the original 5.10 Minnaar, I might start wearing those again come to think of it..

Aug. 21, 2018, 9:51 a.m.

Posted by: T-mack

I'm in my second pair of 2fo Clip shoes because they're the only brand that come in my size and don't fall apart. I'm noticing my right shoe/pedal interface is noisy af though, every pedal stroke is met with a squeaking grinding noise and it's driving me nuts. The BEST shoe I ever owned, albeit heavy was the original 5.10 Minnaar, I might start wearing those again come to think of it..

I love these shoes too. Super light yet still still stiff and walkable. The BOA closures are bomber. I should buy another pair.